IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody giving much effort to the Clackamas lately?? It's been a few weeks since I've fished it. Hopefully the summers are just a little late :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I gave the clackamas a go (didn't feel like bangin my boat on the upper Sandy) I was one of 2 DB's on the drift from Carv-Riverside. Tons of salmon rolling in the current seems, and deep holes. No takers for me exept for a fat 12" Rainbow that slammed my bait diver! I didn't use eggs just shrimp and plugs...the water is absoluty perfect for pluggin' No MOSS :grin: . I pounded that river hard, and I mean hard for a steelhead and nothing! Saw a bunch of Sore heads and dead salmon on the banks.. even chromers. Must be recycled fish that don't make it. An interesting Notion about summer steelhead. Skamania summer steelhead are what most of the rivers have, and true skamania steelies on the Klick show up thick around July 4, as with the Kalama, and Lewis... I belive they are running late... even though the clack is far from bonnie, I have a feeling the fish will show as the counts go up...

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I've told myself, if they're not here yet face the music and fish someplace you know has fish.

In twenty years I've never seen them this late.

Last year we caught 30+ summers just on accedent fishing for salmon, this last spring-one, and it wasn't even clipped.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
DJ is right. If it ain't happening by now, its just not going to happen. Pick another river to fish!

Half Canuck

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Drifted Barton to Carver Friday (6/22) and we caught three BIG Pikeminnow
and a 12" steelhead smolt. The water is very clear and I didn't see anything but a few dying kings. It's pretty quiet But the good news is that you can have the river pretty much to yourself. :laugh:

D.

[ 06-23-2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: drhall99 ]

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
Fished McIver and Rivermill today from 9am-2pm. NOTHING. Had a chinook on up at Rivermill, but with 8lb leader I didn't stand a chance. Looks like I'm headin' somewhere else.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Fished Mciver Saturday. Lost a Steelhead and landed a nice springer. I could see a bunch of Steelhead laying in tailout below the boat ramp, but most of them were non-willing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts