IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A really bad nite for a fishin buddy.
Did anyone here fish at Dog Creek today/tonite/late afternoon?? Some guys came down in a raft and took out at the lower ramp. As they floated down the upper riffle, "out of control", they floated into my old buddy's lines. He told me he asked them to please don't go over my lines, and stay to the inside. He was told he didn't own the river, and words were said.
The result of this was these guys broke the windshield, cut the tires on the truck, and the driftboat trailer, AND kicked in the passenger door on my buddy's truck.
I just got in from going to get his boat and trailer out of the park. The Rangers are there.
These folks were driving a late Black Ford Ranger PU w/ tinted/smoke windows.
If anyone could have any info at all, it sure would be appreciated.
My old fishin buddy has just suffered through Colon Cancer, that probably is terminal, and his wife is sick also. The only thing he has is fishin.
So if anyone can help with info., just maybe we might get him some help on the repair bill so he can go fishin again.
Call or e-mail me anytime.
Thanks

[ 06-17-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
That is a horrible story. They need to catch the trash that did this and punish them with the stiffest penalty of the law. :hoboy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
the heck with prosecution, <edited> :mad:
While the anger may be justified, the violence suggested here is not

[ 06-17-2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
oh that would make me mad.
I hope these guys are caught and or something bad happens :mad:

[ 06-17-2003, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
371 Posts
So totally and absolutly disgusting. I hope that justice is served someday as well as a healthy dose of karma.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
(chocolate-covered?)ants

well not even the slightest form of vulgarity will post. But you all know how I feel.

[ 06-17-2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a little more info. from my buddy.
It was a red colored raft with 3 guys and a gal in it.
Clack. Co Sheriff's showed up to "take the report". I'll leave this one alone.
Any info out there, we're all ears.
Thx.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We'll all be looking for these guys. It could of happened to any of us. Let's catch them so these people won't do this to anyone else. Does your friend have a description of the folks in the raft big small hair color ect... if we see a red ford ranger pickup with tinted windows I just want to make sure we get em. They in my mind have commited one of the worst crimes possible. I would rate them in the same catagory as theifs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
JPSFISHY I hate to see anybody treated that way and your a good friend for trying to help. If you could post the size of the tires he might need I will see what my friends and I might have that would work.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
[As they floated down the upper riffle, "out of control", they floated into my old buddy's lines. He told me he asked them to please don't go over my lines, and stay to the inside. He was told he didn't own the river, and words were said.
The result of this was these guys broke the windshield, cut the tires on the truck, and the driftboat trailer, AND kicked in the passenger door on my buddy's truck.]

How did your buddy know what they drove from being on the river fishing? How did the vandals know what your buddy drove from being on the river fishing? Just asking I don't condone anything except an eye for and eye and in this country it means what you can get a way with. I'm the guy that lost 3/4 of my gear out of the back of my truck. Sorry to hear about your friend fishing shouldn't be this stressfull.

[ 06-17-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Jsp fishy, I too may have a set of tires I could donate to help out your buddy. They fit a stard nissan. I believe they are for 15" rims.
email me if interested. I also hope they catch the scum, there is absolutely NO excuse for that kind of retaliation!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
He told me he asked them to please don't go over my lines, and stay to the inside. He was told he didn't own the river, and words were said.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I'm not condoning what this trash did to your buddies truck.

But you have to choose your battles. I wouldn't choose a confrontation with a raft full of, probably drunk, idiots. I'd be on the losing side of this one. That this happened doesn't surprise me really.

Everyone has to turn everything into a confrontation. It was obvious they didn't care about crossing lines, why even bother saying anything?? It's just going to get uglier from this point. Keep your mouth shut count to 10 and by the time you're done they're out of your fishing area. :mad:

[ 06-17-2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
None of us were there, including it sounds like JPFISHY. They had no business destroying property, that is clear, but it is not right to speculate why it occurred. There was a confrontation and they took it out on property.

Here is the really disgusting part - Since this was not a crime involving physical violence, even if they are found and prosectuted they will not serve time. The best that can be hoped for is restitution. Maybe JPFISHY's friend could use a black Ford Ranger Truck with tinted glass and a raft?

These [insert adjective, maybe even adverb here] will likely be out for more "adventure" over the summer. Keep the eyes open folks! Let's find them.

PS - STG, looks like you are earning your moderator keep on this thread :smile:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
There was a confrontation and they took it out on property..............Keep the eyes open folks! Let's find them.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">And do what to them?? Get into another shouting match so you'll be on the losing end of it??
As summer goes on and more fishermen tell them what to do and where to go, they'll just get worse with their gutless acts of revenge.

Just let them go by and with any luck you'll be seeing them on the evening news one day.

Or your buddy could start patrolling the area with a camcorder in hopes that they do it again while he can get it on tape. But I'm not sure what the odds of that are.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The question was asked how he knew who it was? Good question... When he put in late in the afternoon, that rig was the only other rig parked at the lower ramp. It was just a few minutes 15-20min. when the red raft came down, and confrontation started. During the week, that ramp gets very little use, and if your 1/2 way through the hole you can see your rig through the trees.
He saw the people first hand...He saw "a" rig parked there with a small raft trailer. When he went to take out, he found the damage. In most cases even while fishing in the top part of that hole, you can see or hear the gravel from tires, and in alot of cases see a rig swing around there.
Is he 100% on this-no. He didn't actually see them DO IT. However, he saw the folks, and he saw what was a HIGH probability their rig, the only other rig there.
Clackamas Co. Sheriff, and the Park Ranger both took reports, so any information really should be reported to them. "The proper authority's".
We may or may not ever see them again.
Any more confrontation, or taking the matter into one's own hands, certainly would be the wrong direction to go on this.
For those folks that have so kindly offered tires-Thank You so much. It's already been taken care of. Know anybody in the windshield business?
Having a board such as IFISH sure does help to bring things to light, discuss, and assure all of us that we are not alone out there, and we can all help by trying to watch each others backs.
Thanks for all the comments and concerns.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
On a lighter note... I was putting in one afternoon last week and I saw a boat with what looked like a bunch of tarps in it. I knew it was JP's boat, I thought maybe he was disguising his fishing gear while he shuttled. After looking a bit closer I realized he had at least 4 Huge Stuffed bags of Pop/Beer Cans and an equal amount of trash bags overflowing

The things people do to our rivers :mad: :mad: :mad:

But thanks to guys like Jimmy, the banks of Clack look pretty spotless now after days of partying and swimming from the kids.

Thanks JP, you rule :cheers: :cheers: :bowdown: !!!

Chris

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Wow what an edit fest... I would have liked to see what some people had to say about this... guess it was not PC enough

1 - 20 of 38 Posts