IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 9-noon didnt get any bites. water is off color, vis 1.5ft. deep creek is the culprate.

didnt see anybody else fighting fish.

lots of people anchored in dangerous parts of the river making for some tricky going around corners.2 off my favorite drifts for backtrolling had a boat parked right ontop of the prime water! :mad: My thinking is to backtroll that way everybody gets a shot at the drifts, or anchor over to the side and cast in. oh well. :shrug:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was at the Clack. at sun-up this morning, a little too of color for my taste. Decided to shoot up to Marmot, and tied into a nice Native. I wonder how the Clack. will look tomorrow???

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fished the lower drift from Carver down to try out a new pram I bought. Only fished From 2-4:30 anchored in 3 spots and caught two steelhead, one turn back native and a mint bright hatchery summer (immature eggs). When water is running hard like it is think about what a fish will do to rest out of the current. They won't necessarily be in the same spots as when it isn't running as hard. Both fish I caught were in current breaks that were running a lot slower than the rest of the river. If you find some "flat" spots in protected parts of the river, fish 'em hard. I wasn't chasing springers so different tactics worked for me.
Bill

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
my buddy witnessed a poor guy flip his pontoon in a rapid and loose all his gear, but at least he was wearing a life jacked, so gear is all he lost.
Be careful out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts