IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long, long time ago I used to take my kids down to the last 1/4 mile above tidewate to fish for Chum. It was catch and release regardless of how fresh the fish were because I never found a way to cook a Chum so that it was palatable and I got tired of smoking them.

The kids liked it because the Chum would bite just about anything and the action was fast. The kids had fun.

Well I know some kids who've never been fishing for salmon before, I know the river hasn't moved, but I have no idea if there is any access to the top of tidewater. I live in Hillsboro and none of my Tillamook friends fish anymore.

I'd appreciate any info on the fist half-mile upstream from 101. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
The owner of the property at moss creek(app2-3miles up) used to charge folks to fish, he'd scooot around on a ATV collecting and making sure no deadbeats were fishing his land.The chum runs have been bad for 15-20 yrs. I haven't fished for chums for at least ten.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
letsfish: Thank you for the info. On the North side of the river just above tidewater was an older couple and the wife spent most of her free time yelling at fishermen. The next house up was a nice family that would let me cross the stream. I never did know who owned the southside, but the land was unused. Of course this was 20 years ago.

I'm kindof hoping somebody could educate me on the present situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts