IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After releasing a handfull of Tules, I finally hook into a bright fish at the NFL hatchery. :dance:

I caught this 30 pound hen on: 12/12, 2 ea. #12 dk. orange corkies, red yarn with shrimp scent and a #1 Gami. She was caught above the corner near the point. (for those that know)

It was about a 15 minute fight that ended at the corner above the log hole.

:grin:

[ 09-29-2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Fast Water ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice Fish Mark!!!! That is a beauty!!

I was up there on Sunday AM and didn't see anything that looked like that.

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mark,,,,that is a beauty...I have fished the nfl last week and couldn't handle the snaggers...but sure didn't a chromer like that caught...good job...

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Very nice fish Mark! Very nice! :shocked:
Steve and Mark, you wanna see more fish like that and less people, you should make a run with me to this spot of mine.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gussing that she was a stray.

I'm going to scan it at work tomorow and if it beeps, I'll send the head in and see where she came from.

There are a few URB's that sniff the Lewis and go up aways but I never thought to see one that far up.

:smile:

[ 09-29-2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Fast Water ]

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
What a beauty Mark! Way to go. :dance: I guess I haven't bank fished salmon in too long to know how a thirty pounder feels in a good old tug-of-war. Keep it up and if you have time this winter maybe we can revitalize team Evergreen Steelies and whack a few. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice Catch Mark!!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice fish!
In aug 1989 I got a 34lb chromer and it was missing a ventral fin. The bioligist was very interested in it. He said that it was the first one like it he had seen on the NFL. I got throwing spinners right across from Johnson creek. We did very good that year working down to the island. Mainly silvers but I will always remember that fish. I still have the picture.
tip :grin:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Mark,
Great fish and on 12,12 in that current must have been a real show!! :dance:
:dance:
Hooked and landed one in same location near 35lbs last wed afternoon on 15,12 with 2 solid pink #14 corkies, pink yarn and glo-anise on a #1 gami.
Thanks for tip earlier in the week!! :dance: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice fish Mark

That's what we're all looking for.

MM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts