IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a trip down to Coos bay this weekend to try the new boat in some smaller water. Picked up my fishing buddy in Myrtle Creek and off we went to fish some new (to me) water.
Here is a pic of our BBQ stop at lunch and the boat. Saw maybe 2 boats go by the whole time. Man what a nice area.

Was a pretty slow day with only one takedown when the rod was hammered by this beauty...

Big thanks to TH Custom and Tailchaser for the tips, and Lance Fisher for the herring troll lessons. Was trolling cut plug, 12" dropper no flasher just up from the first bridge in the Coos.
Thanks for helping me get my first salmon in the boat guys!!

AL

·
Registered
81 Posts
need2fish....nice fish and boat...been thinking about the TJ with the 305...what is the vee on your hull??? and power plant???..thanks..and nice job!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the 14 degree hull with the 240 sport jet. I was originally going to go with the 175 or the 200 optimax but they had this one already built for someone who didnt pick it up and they made me a nice deal on it. The 240 is LOUD but very responsive out of the hole and tops at about 57 mph.

I personally like the 240 even though its gets a bad rap, and the guys at Siglers have been great.

AL

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Thunder and Chrome......Sweet :cheers:

I Think those sun on the horizon pics are the best
Thanks for sharing

Bobby

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
hey I remember seeing you out there!! didn't know it was an ifish guy or I would have said Hi.. was a slow day we got a nice hen and a few jacks.
dave

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
First fish to the new boat was killed? Lets just hope bad moojo has not been put in motion and dark days are not ahead of you. One side note, killed my first salmon to the new boat and it was a great feeling.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Lepper that would have been cool to talk to an Ifisher while I was down. I have the stickers but havent gotten them on yet. Gotta do that!

AL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts