IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

The day started with an early wake up call to meet Hogback on our trip to Tilly to meet "Danthefishman" and the other "Promotion" fishing crew.

Talk about rain on the hill, wow, the fish will definately be on the move from all of that.

The day for the most part was very, very slow, witnessing only 5 fish caught all day at the N. Jetty & Ghost Hole.

This was verified by the fish checkers at the marina in Garibaldi. Fortunately for "Team Hogback/Hoghunter" 2 of the 5 we saw were in our boat with many thanks to Captain "Danthefishman" and the "CDP."

Worth mentioning, the other "Promotion" boat scored a nice 20+ pounder. Good job Pat.

"Hogback" takes top honors with this 21# hunk of chrome.

The "Hoghunter" with a 12# slab.

All in all we feel very fortunate to score on a day that fishing was not very good.

It just goes to show, even a "Blind Hog" finds a little slop sometimes.

Tight lines & good fishing to all :cheers:

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
So you guys were the nutcases out there in the 20 foot swells!

Well, now I can tell you that I just don't blame you! "Look Ma! I caught feesh!"

LOL

You can't tell me it was fun out there, can you?
Well, by the looks of the pictures, maybe it was!

Jen

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to stay tucked in there Jenny.

It was unbelievable looking out across that bar today.

It was actually very nice along the Jetty but the foam was really bad and the seaweed was just as worse.

We are very fortunate like I said to catch fish on a tough day.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Looks like you had some fun. Good thing you were safe today with 20 footers??!?!? :shocked:

PS I don't think you can technically call a 12lb nook a "slab".... :tongue: :rolleyes: :laugh:

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Nice fish KHH! :cheers: Way to battle through the foam & seaweed :grin:

[ 10-12-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: jokester ]

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zaq,

You are probably are right....

I guess I should probably not claim that puny 12# "mini-slab" the next time....

I catch so few fish I guess I couldn't help myself....

Hey Hogback, why the heck did you snap that picture of that small fish for anyway :shrug:

Nothing like getting admonished.

OK Zaq....

Hows this? .... Does this qualify as a slab...

This one only weighed 165 pounds.... Do you think that one made the cut :shocked: :shocked: ?

I will say this, that picture of that 12# salmon is the best fish I ever caught because it was that last one I caught. I don't take anything for granted and enjoy a 12# just as much as a 165 pounder :rolleyes: :grin: :laugh: .

Happy fishing all...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya know,
Those waves and chop behind you dont look 3 ft let alone 30. Was it nice out there or what?
SOB

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Now thats a SLAB!!!!!! You and the Tacklebuster motored past me on Saturday, anchored below me for awhile. You had quite the weekend. Nice work!

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SOB,

It was a very nice day actually....

However, you could see the bar from a distance from where we were taking these pix and it was a straight line of breaking waves across it. Pretty awesome just hearing the surf pounding on the other side of the jetty.

There were actually quite a few boats in the area just as the tide came in this morning but not much of a bite to speak of... We were very fortunate.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Nice fish, no matter what the size!!!

Dipnet :grin:

Team Get Bent

[ 10-12-2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I wasn't saying you shouldn't have kept the fish or anything like that. It is a beautiful fish and worthy of a picture, heck I would have photographed it. I was just trying to be funny and say a 12 pound fish is not rated a slab..... :rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Terry- Nice slabs :cheers: Man I do miss those meat hauls while I was stationed in Alaska.

Randy- Man bro, you sure turned that awesome boat of yours into a fish catching machine :cheers:

I guess since I got some of that gorilla goo wrapped up in two zip locks and put into a sealed tupperware thing, I too can be a charter member of the CDP :sick: That stuff is the worst smelling junk in Yamhill County but it does work :wink:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The official ODFW report for tillamook Saturday was 70 boats with 14 fish.

I caught two Chinook in the Ghost hole. A 12 lbr and an 18 lber!

Sunday weather was better, fish still haven't come through yet.......

TJ

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
decent bite in the upper bay Sunday on the incoming... have a pic of a 44 pounder I can e-mail someone who is willing play with pixel size and post it. My friend and I went one for two on kwik fish. Heck, even Husker was hooking em :wink: :grin: .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts