IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a week for me :hoboy:

I have been working way too much and not fishing nearly enough
I did get a chance to hit the Columbia yesterday to mine for some chrome. I was really planning on heading down to the estuary and exploring the area for some catch and release sturgie fishing but Mr. Dorks reports prompted me to sleep in a little and hit the big river a little closer to home.

I sure am glad I remembered to throw the side and back canvass in my boat because it rained all darn day! Brought back some nice memories of late spring fish. I love fishing on anchor in the cold and rain. Button the boat all up, turn the heater on, eat and take a snooze. What a relaxing day until my buddy Cracker Joe started yelling at me that my rod was pounding down! I made it out in time to set the hook on this nice little girl!

What a nice chrome fish, obviously the Columbia still has a few nice fish to give up yet. We had two other drive-bys that did not stick.

I really took my time fighting this fish, I knew this might be the last CR Chinook that I catch this year and I wanted to enjoy every head shake, run and tail splash. Sometimes I know I get caught up trying to get another fish and I dont pay attention to the fight and really enjoy it... what a shame. We are so very lucky to live in a place where we can enjoy fishing like this on a whim! Thanks for a great fall season mighty river!

I wanted to mention one last thing... I read this report on David Johnson's page about waiting for the bite. I am a big, big believer in what David has to say about waiting but sometimes it is so dang tough even when you tell yourself to wait. I had swung and missed on my last two chances the last time I went out but you know what... with the back canvas on my boat and the door zipped down I had no other option than to wait because it takes so darn long to open the canvas to get back to my rod! :shocked: :shocked:

Waiting works, and I have to wait longer than I have been obviously... I will continue to practice!

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Nice Fish Shane. You are for sure one of the 10%.
Thanks for sharing :dance:
Now as far as your choice of football teams! I think you need to re consider. :laugh:

I want to thank you for you willingness to share you spots and knowledge this season. I have you to thank for my success this year on the Columbia. This was by far my best season and I feel it's all due to your willingness to share.
I say this with all respect. :dance: ( THANKS FOR SHAREING ) :dance:
From the first trip for Springer’s to the last trip when Lori caught my 30 pounder.

You are one of a kind!

Been down to the coast yet?

I've been down twice got fish both days. Headed down again this Friday. Then it's time to focus on the four-legged horny kind of game.

[ 10-12-2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering how many replies it would take for someone to give me some crud about the Ducks... well I dont care if they suck or not, still my team :grin:

Steve I have not gone down to the coast this year as the reports have not been glowing and I just have really not had the time... would not mind learning from you where to fish those Kwikfish down there though :smile:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I would be more than happy to show you what I know. Maybe even pull some spinners. Now we just need to find time. Give me a call next week maybe we can work something out. I only have one open weekend between now and elk season. If nothing else the fish will still be around in early November.

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Right on Shane! :cheers: You hit a double that day...caught a beauty of a fish AND you wore the right team colors!!!! GO DUCKS!! :dance:

-jokester

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Shane, nice fish and picture, way to go. That's one bright chromer. Not a bad choice of colors on the hat and sweatshirt either.
Glad you had better luck than the Ducks!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Shane, Beautiful fish
A little too much wind for me today or i would have been out. I'm gonna definately spend more time on the water this year since i have a full top and canvas.

Great fish !

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-12-2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

3,877 Posts
Shane,

Nice fish :cheers:

I am like you, I cannot believe that the CR system is still pumping out fish like this in the lower river.

I appreciate every one I catch....

Look for my Tilly report from today.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Now that is what I like to see Shane holding up a chrome chinook!
Way to go!
I too think I made my last fall chinook :tide water" trip today!
Way too much to do in the next two weeks :smile:
What a great year!
Between dad and I we landed 93 chinook since July 1, 14 being jacks and 7 coho!
Pretty darn good!
We sur live in a great p;ace!

Now bring on those rain storms to move them bright Elk/Sixes river fish in!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts