IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled this off the coastwatch site

Looks like a long run to clear water. Blue water is way out there but closer up north. Looks like the 125 line is the minimum distance to good water. The temps still look good though.

Hope the guys running tommorrow have good luck and find fish close to the 125 line.

I think I will head for the pocket of clearer water just past tuna town on wed unless I hear something better.

What do you guys think?

Good Luck to all.

Luke

·
Registered
390 Posts
I will be fishing North of the CR this weekend. The chloro shot @ this time shows 46.30 x 125.07 as a good starting point. Time will tell. The Ocean looks to be standing down....Bait Friday night and a look at terrafin will tell the story.

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
There are "fingers" of transition water 28 - 35 miles from Depoe, well inside the 125 line. You don't want to get hung up on the notion that....you have to get to clear blue water. Tons upons tons of fish have been caught in clear green water this year.

Looks good at around 52 X 52; then west of there; the finger runs NE of there, towards 00 X 40.

But if there isn't anything in the clear green stuff, then I'd head towards 01 X 58, then along the edge to the NW. The edge looks best up there, IMO.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark thanks for chimeing in on this. I have not seen clear blue water all year and have done quite well in clear green water.

I guess the resolution is not that good on the coastwatch shots as compared to terrafin?

Would the "orange" (number 1) range on the map be clear green water?

I am still new at this chloro stuff.

Luke

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
On your shot there.....you have yellow which is still fairly clean, then in between yellow and bright red you have a light orange. That color seems to correspond with the transition water on terrafin.....transitioning from clear green towards blue, but not yet clear blue....kind of a "milky" blue.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I like the 42 mile run to 55/01 but one may not need run that far.That spot looks hot.Acres of jumpers birds slashing at bait and rafts of kelp. Wow.
OK it was a dream. Mark

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
We're headed out of Depoe this morning (Tues) and will head for Tuna Town, but don't expect to get there before we start seeing jumpers. I figure we'll get into green-water fish long before then, and will be on the watch for jumpers, birds, and rips. We're flyfishing this trip so my report may be different from what you're expecting. :grin:

I'll post when we get back and let you know what we find.

Skein

1 - 7 of 7 Posts