IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently there is a 4 month wait to renew or apply in Benton County.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Another friendly reminder for existing license holders: Check your expiration date.
Clackamas county didn’t send out reminders prior to expiration as the website says they will (at least for me and someone else I know). Last cycle they did.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I personally see a day where carrying concealed even with a license will be a thing of the past in certain states.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I moved in August to Clackamas county...I got an appointment in August 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
I renewed at Benton county yesterday. In and out in less than 4 minutes. Kudos to them for making the process so easy. I made the appointment back in January and it was almost 3 months behind at that time.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Washington County is renewing by mail. I got the form on line, printed it, filled it out and mailed my $50 check....DONE !!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Then it’s gonna be like Dodge city and Tombstone .Trying to decide if I go dual pistols ?And which way to face the grips 😎
A little off topic, and I don't mean to hijack the thread... but. Unfortunately I believe open carry, even statutorily unloaded, will be banned as well. Not in all states, but in certain states. Certain states will embrace gun owners rights and others will flush them down the drain.

For those of you that don't have a CHL and you are thinking about getting one, now is the time to act. Usually any new gun laws allow grandfathering, but prohibit new. Meaning if you have a CHL you will likely be able to keep it, at least for a while. No new licenses will be issued. So if you don't have one, to bad you're out.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Or they will just use that database to know who to round up first.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I renewed at Benton county yesterday. In and out in less than 4 minutes. Kudos to them for making the process so easy. I made the appointment back in January and it was almost 3 months behind at that time.

-Scott
So did I. It's not the 4min office visit that takes the time. I guess it's the background checks? Made my appointment in mid-December. I emailed the undersheriff to request more staff to get caught up. A 4-month wait is ridiculous. I could understand a 2-week max wait for appointment...like you said it's a 4-minute appointment.

·
Registered
874 Posts
So did I. It's not the 4min office visit that takes the time. I guess it's the background checks? Made my appointment in mid-December. I emailed the undersheriff to request more staff to get caught up. A 4-month wait is ridiculous. I could understand a 2-week max wait for appointment...like you said it's a 4-minute appointment.
When I did my last renewal 4 years ago it was a 6 week wait. I can’t say I understand it as I said above, the last that does it is very efficient. I’m sure the covid thing backed them up as well as a likely surge in new applicants.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
TIL - your CHL expires. Yep mine expired in 2018 Oh Good thing I don't carry normally. Renewal applied for tonight.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Who says you need a license to conceal? Unless you can't keep your mouth shut about having a sidearm on you, I don't get it? I'll let the judge to decide if me pulling it out was warranted or not. Any Joe schmo can sit in a 2 hr class and get a chl. Who has the correct brain wiring to carry is the question.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A little off topic, and I don't mean to hijack the thread... but. Unfortunately I believe open carry, even statutorily unloaded, will be banned as well. Not in all states, but in certain states. Certain states will embrace gun owners rights and others will flush them down the drain.

For those of you that don't have a CHL and you are thinking about getting one, now is the time to act. Usually any new gun laws allow grandfathering, but prohibit new. Meaning if you have a CHL you will likely be able to keep it, at least for a while. No new licenses will be issued. So if you don't have one, to bad you're out.
Already starting the process of removing open carry in WA....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Who says you need a license to conceal? Unless you can't keep your mouth shut about having a sidearm on you, I don't get it? I'll let the judge to decide if me pulling it out was warranted or not. Any Joe schmo can sit in a 2 hr class and get a chl. Who has the correct brain wiring to carry is the question.
Clearly the work of a brilliant legal mind.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts