door lock casing. Rumaged thru
everything but nothing taken(Cds
Oakleys). The good news, brought
home fish.
willtofish

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Thanks for the notice. Sorry to hear that. Nothing I hate more than scum breaking into people's homes and cars and I thought Chinook Landin was among the safer places. Just proves they are everywhere.

I would love to catch a few of these <vandals>. Reminds me of the time I was picking up my 30-06 from a friend's house one night and while I was walking to my car with it I saw 2 of them about to beging cutting into the soft top of my convertible to get to my $50 stereo. I will never forget the look on their faces as I walked over to them with rifle in hand (pointed in the air of course). Needless to say they made a quick getaway :wink:

[ 11-06-2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: skein ]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another place to be VERY careful is Sauvie Island. I have had my car broken into TWICE while fishing there. Both times, enough was stolen and damaged that the bill was over $500. Never assume your car is safe....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Someone broke into my truck at the Washington ramp across from Tanner Creek and stole some stuff with my name on it. 2 days later a fisherman called me (my # was on it) and said he found it in the parking lot of Chinook Landing. All bet it is the same people and they are going from launch to launch looking for trucks to break into...

[ 11-06-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Steelhead Hound ]

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It isn't only at the boat launches. It is everywhere. The creeps know that they won't go to jail so they go ahead and steal everything they can. Judges just slap their wrists and give them ten days and they are back out. Jails are full so they have early release. Police are back logged with calls because they are short handed.

I don't know what the answer is but sometimes I think that a good 9mm Glock would be the answer. I dream of using some of them for sturgeon bait. A friend carries a gun and saw some kids trying to get in a car near the Nestucca. H fired a shot into the ground and he said they were in the car and gone in 3 seconds.

We need to keep our eyes open when on the river, take license numbers and get good info. if things don't look right.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
River Kid

We pulled plugs for Coho. Area from green can to
barge by Lady Island. Results: one take down,
one 10# hen, one 5# buck. Both fish were chrome
bright! Good luck if you go. Our luck was in 12
to 15 feet of water.

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
Several times, while launching out of Chinnok this year for URB fishing, I saw a guy - early twenties, fairly stocky, 6' with a beard - hanging around the docks. I heard him tell someone he's got 6 kids and owns 250 acres in Montana. I saw the same guy - a couple times - rummaging through the trash cans along the tie down area. One day, a Sherriff's patrol car was rolling through. The cop stopped and talked to the guy - seems like they knew each other fairly well. I hear him tell the cop, "don't worry, I'm not scammin' on anyone." I wonder if there was any connection.

Anyone ever seen this guy?

ORS

[ 11-06-2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: OregonRedside ]

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ORS- i have seen and met the guy a couple of times. he picks up the cans and bottles out of the trash cans and picks up alot of the trash that some of the pleasure pigs leave on the ground. he does know the cops and he told me that they don't like him loitering, but i didn't think he was a theif or the cops would have gotten rid of him along time before i talked to him. he seemed nice and he was helpful when i was by myself trying to button up my boat one night after catching some urb's. i haven't seen him in a while out there though. BTS

·
Registered
309 Posts
Willtofish,

Just hate it when your possesions and privacy are violated by break in's :mad: :mad: :mad: . Makes you nervous for a long time afterwards. Glad to hear the damage and lose were minimal. You mentioned bringing back some fish. Tell us what you caught out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts