IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Well, my cousin and I decided to take a short after work fishing trip to Chinook Landing yesterday afternoon. We get in line with about 5 other boats at about 4:30. We're fishing plain ol' Alvins with some blue prism tape on them. My pole buries at about 5:00. It was a bright chromer, probably 25lbs. :dance: Never got it in the boat though.
It took us downriver for a couple of minutes, and through another hog line before I got it to the top. I got a couple of real good looks at it, before it jumped 4 ft of the water :shocked: , then I got a REAL good look at it. It proceeded to jump again. By this time I'm gettin' worried about hookset, sharpness and all that follows... Well, about 30 seconds later, 3rd times a charm. And it survived to swim another day... :hoboy:

It only took another 45 minutes until we got a second fish on, this time it was my cousins. Now, this one we got in. That was top priority. Here's a pic...

We continued to fish until 6:30 without another bite. However, the 5 other boats that were inline with us, we saw everyone of them drop in the 2 hours we were there, and one had a fish on twice. So I wouldn't say the action was hot, but it was pretty dang good. Especially with all of the nets in the water right now.

Special thanks to Boatdog for taking me out last thursday and showing me around. Also thanks for showing me how those cool anchor systems work (I got one). Boatdog, you're the man, and if you want to go next week sometime, give me a call.

--Skahorse

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
Good Job, Skahorse :dance: I almost went yesterday -
- I'm really wishing I did now. I'll get a hold of you next week for a trip, now that you have the magic!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts