IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
i was out there around marker 50 on tuesday.i had 12 to 15 boats in sight.from 6am to 10:30am.saw less than a handfull of fish hooked.saw a white starcraft drift by with a fish in tow,and it looked like they were going to release it.a few boats (two) that i saw looked like they dropped back with a fish.the current was rippen there,it is deceiving as i had a 12oz lead off my spinner.overall, pretty slow morning.drizzled the whole time on me.picked up the anchor and went up on the south side of reed island.about 1:30 my rod goes off.pulled in a 6 to 7 lb nook with the fin.back it goes in 36 feet of water.ther was nobody else in sight so don't know what else happened downriver.better weather in the afternoon as the columbia was as good as it gets,short of the catching not so spectacular.there is my report.NS

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
WLW,

It's been pretty slow on the East (upriver) end of Government Island. A few boats there, a few fish every now and then.

Check out "Lured In's" thread on "Thanks ******, Get-Bent", he got into them pretty good in that area a few nights ago.

A fair amount of fish going past, 1500 Chinook and 1,700 Steelhead so the fish are there.

Brion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts