IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nyet. We talked to tons of guys and saw only one boat pull out for fish in 9 hours and that was on the way out. That fish turned out to be a coho. The large percentage of fisherman who've been catching fall chinook earlier in the week must give thanks to the ol' blue wooldrige and the other 9/12 chinook landing crews for keeping alive the unlucky percentage of fisherman who don't, or something like that. I also must mention thanks to the crew of 2 in the greenish blue mirrocraft for standing by while we dealt with our anchor rope which was sucked up in the jet. We limped back to the ramp, did some fancy knife work ( easy enough for two cooks) and were back on the river in 45 minutes. Boaters are a special breed! Missed you today 22.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Here is one I caught out of Chinook Landing today. It was only 1 of 4 that we saw today.

The power of the banana has worked every trip this fall in the Columbia.

[ 09-12-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Stz ll ]

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice fish stz II, you must fit in the fisherman that catch's fish percentage and to boot you do it on a off day. Rub some karma on this post will ya.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Stz ll, Did you go up or down today?? I did more tinkering around with my new boat today than serious fish'n stuff. I think if the tides were better... ( actually running out when daylight hits) we'd have more fish....
Great fish !

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We were down river from Chinook Landing just below marker 34. When the current died around 8am we started trolling. This fish was hooked at the range finder at the east end of Government Island. I was trolling a chrome Alvin with a chartreuse tip. I was trolling at between 25 and 30 feet.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My wife and I went out for the last few hours of the tide this afternoon and picked up a nice one below Chinook Landing. We didn't see another fish on anywhere nearby. The guys next to us had been out all day without a bump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.