IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent 5 days up at chinook cove lodge on the island in BC. Cant say enough about how well wayne and his fishmasters take care of you. Would recomend this place to any Ifisher. My family and I hope to going back next fall, hope to see some of you up there,fishin wasnt bad either
many nice halibut 20-40lbs,True cod 10-15lbs,springers 10-20lbs and someone from the lodge caught a 24lb yellow eye what a hog. :cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's great to hear. I'm part of a group of six going to Chinook Cove in early August. Did you bring your own tackle, or use the lodges? I'm a little concerned with the weight restrictions for the float plane ride on the way up. Were the Coho in yet?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hey

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time up there. My friend Perry is one of the fishmasters up there. He quit his job here to go up and work for Wayne. I gonna be stopping by there in early august.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went three years ago in july and had a good time. Never did see Wayne but dave and the crew took good care of us. We brought our own salmon gear because they only provided the Canadian knuckle busters for salmon. I was let down to see what they provided us for the halibut fishing, 6' rod with penn 209 and 50lb tuffline with a 25 foot section of 25lb mono at the end. They said it makes the tuffline last longer, go figure. We lost a nice halibut because the handle feel off the reel. If I went again I would bring my halibut gear and fish with there salmon gear, the salmon were not too big to manage a knuckle buster. As for the weight on the plane, pack light food and pack your reels and tackle in your coat pockets they don't weight that. We caught all our salmon on green hot spots and hoochies stacked on one down rigger.On the halibut we used B-52s with fresh salmon bellies. They were a little tight on the crab after the frist day. Our gas bill for the week was a little alarming. Over all it was a good trip for the cost. Good luck!
tipndwater

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well thanks for the comments guys, Wernergonefishing glad to see you made it home okay. Hope your wife is doing okay. Fishing has gotten better. We are now having Tyee's hit the dock and lots of halibut too. Crabbing is still very slow and the commerical crabbers are have a tuff time also. By the way, Starting next year all of the halibut and salmon gear will be replaced, and the 25lb leader will be history.
Gota get back to fishing...
Perry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts