IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a couple of buddies were looking to do some 'nook fishing on Sunday. Does anyone know if they are having any success yet? If so, with what?:shrug:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I fished Saterday with about 40 other boats. I know of 2 fish taken by noon when I took out. I didn't fish Sunday but was told by a friend it was about the same, slow. May be this weekend will be better however as big tides may help.

L J

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
It is not very productive.....the water is very warm, 66-69 degrees.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My buddy got a 26 lbs. nook on 8/4. Nothing since.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Me and a couple of buddies were looking to do some 'nook fishing on Sunday. Does anyone know if they are having any success yet? If so, with what?:shrug:
I was there today checking on the bite, and was told at the store that 5 fish were weighed in the day befor. Good tide around noon, seals, otters, and hotter than heck! Bring suntan lotion and enjoy the day. The Chinook RV will let you launch for $8 bucks. They are very nice people, also have boats for rent by the hour or day. Good Luck:smash: .

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was there on Monday. Only saw two caught, but saw 5-6 rolling. Water temp in the morning was around 63 and 68 in the afternoon. I think it is ready to break loose. I would have been there today but blew my trailer axle coming back on monday.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fished the Siletz hard for about 11-12 hours on Monday trying everything with no luck. Two fish were caught on the river during that stretch. One on a shrimp and one on a Kwikfish. Seemed to be few more fish rolling as the day went on, but slow.

Wednesday- Drove by to check the river today and it was still slow. A couple fish being caught each day, but they're late getting here it seems. Hopefully the big tides this week will bring some fish into the river. I'm going to be out there fishing it early tomorrow (Thurs) morning and see if we can't fool one.

Sidenote: Someone did stick a 46 pounder in the last couple of days. Congrats to them for setting the big fish mark on the Coyote Rock board.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fished the Siletz early this morning only for an hour or two. Saw one fairly nice Chinook get landed at first light. Also saw a few rolling. Seems to be slowly picking up. Personally, I just donated some gear to a few trees/rocks in the river. :passout:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts