IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of guys just targeting Large chinook North of the mouth of the columbia. Where would I start looking for them and what method and depth would we start fishing for them. I remember my Uncle Al Dix going north of the mouth to mooch for chinook. But I was very young.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome. Sorry, I can't help with your question. They are going to ask you to tell a story before they give you any scoop, so you may as well get it over with. Be careful out there...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Welcome to the family Dewfish. We used to fish the Church hole. That is up stream from the Chinook harbor. You cant miss it as it is out front of the church. It's been years ago but we sure did good drifting through while mooching.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Your just going to head North out of the Columbia river, be careful of Peacock spit as it can get quite rough. Generally when they are catching the big hogs up there you can see the boats as you clear the jetties. They start targeting the big chinooks just above the bridge on the Washington side. I am refering to the bridge that goes from Astoria to Washington. I use to knock the heck out of them with a K16 herring wrapped Kwikfish. But if you troll with divers, about 20-25 pulls down. Once again when they are catching the fish....you will see the boats. Good luck :dance:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts