IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up yall,
Big 5 has a small pair of simmons waterproof binoculars for $22! Are they the best available? Probably not, but they don't fill with water or fog up when your boat's just above springers eye level.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I saw that.... did you pick a pair up? I was thinking about picking myself up one, just not sure how good they were. Any comments would be great! ~SK~

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Beware, you almost always get what you pay for. It's the almost that gets people suckered in. :shrug:
I've learned this the hard way :mad: and now I don't even look twice and those next-to-nothing prices. :smile:

Actually, cheap waterproof binoculars sounds like an oxymoron.

[ 04-17-2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: digifish ]

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Digifish,

You are right concerning the oxymoron, in my experience.

Let the buyer beware.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As the first springer of the season said to his his doubting friends about that lovely bit of free herrings dangled in front of them "Okay, I'll bite" :wink:

I got a pair this morning and promptly dropped them into a fish tank in my classroom. I took them out this afternoon and they worked (work) just fine.
They are kinda heavy compared to my Bushnells. But they don't take on any water (the Bushnells do). They also don't fog up the way the Bushnells do after they have been drained after they have been in the water that they are not supposed to be in. (ask me how I know :rolleyes: )
I have not tried them in the big briny (I didn't think the goldfish would like it) but I'll get around to it. Overall, I think I like the Bushnells a bit better when they are dry and not fogged but I fish from a kayak where it's never dry nor foggy. I'd say they are most definitly worth the price.

*no goldfish were harmed in this testing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts