IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
@Don G Baldi, it depends on the setting. If it's a hot summer day and I'm rowing the river, definitely the quench factor. If I'm camping with friends, it's the buzz. I always drink beer because I like the way it tastes. I think it harkens back to my Germanic roots. It's ingrained in my GNA. Much like how people do cocaine because they like the way it smells. 😄

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Technically for the Buzz, it's the off switch. An ice cold beer seems to say "Hey, that stressful portion of the day is over, sit down, relax, enjoy yourself". I drink water for quenching thirst.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Thought I would give Keystone Lite another chance last night, Noticed a distinct grainy note on the finish -- a bit like graham cracker. Hmmm.
We have an awful regional beer down here brewed with pecans that tastes heavily of graham cracker. I bought a six when I first moved here out of curiosity and I had to give some away.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cheap beer? If I'm looking to go cheap I go Keystone because it's usually the cheapest and I think it tastes okay. Definitely a "hot outside quench-your-thirst, bbqing or lawnmower" beer where you may be drinking several on your own. That being said I often do not drink cheap beer anymore. I am a huge hefeweizen fan, My go to for a beer after work to wind down or a lunch beer is the Full Sail blood orange Hefe. Pelican just this last year also came out with a great Hefe. They both have an amazing full body taste that on sale you can usually find for just over $1/bottle. It's a shame most people only have tried Widmer's and think that represents all Hefe's. I will also drink Widmer if nothing else is available but it's not my favorite. Also a fan of Amber Ale's, most small brew lagers, sometimes pilsners. Anything but IPA's, almost sickening how popular hipsters made that market and how most places offer 10 IPA's and one or two that are not. :(

121 - 124 of 124 Posts