IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I’ll take a 40 of Old E or St Ides on a nice, cool eve or a glass of MD20/20 Strawberry Hill on a hot summer eve. Kids now days are drinking the Steel Reserve.

·
Registered
39,363 Posts
I was back in Stubenville OH for the NAVHDA Invitational which was being held on private hunt club grounds. They had a small bar and eatery on the grounds. I stopped in one day for lunch and ordered a PBR. Boy did I catch hell from all the patrons and the bar keep. It appears if you don't drink Miller Lite or Busch Lite your a scourge upon the earth. I was so upset with the wrath I endured, I ordered another PBR. Never bend to intimidation, stand your ground.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I hate to be a literalist, but it appears to me that the OP's original question wasn't "what is your favorite cheap beer?" -- it was "what is the favorite cheap beer IN OREGON?"

According to the article the OP supplied, the answer in the survey study (conducted by the prestigious research firm, Workshopopedia), was definitely "Keystone," which also bears out my theories developed while hunting Oregon's scrappiest clearcuts and Weyerhauser properties. The evidence assessed of cast-off beer cans could not possibly lie.

Of course, any astute soul among us might argue that all my clear-cut analysis proves is that people who litter Oregon's scrappiest clearcuts with their empty beer cans are decisively Keystone drinkers, and that this has little reflection on the Oregon populace at large.

To them, I would simply cite the Workshopopedia survey, specifically this quote:

"Just like Keystone Light, Keystone's fuller-bodied lager has plenty of fans among cheap beer drinkers. It tops the list in Colorado, Oregon, and Oklahoma."

To those who prefer other floor-sweep beers (like Coor's, PBR and Stroh's) to Keystone, I would suggest that a blind tasting is in order. There, the gauntlet is thrown ...

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
When the old woman convinced me to turn my back on Heineken (I did love Hiney) I did a taste test on a dozen or so light beers - regardless of price. I settled on Coors Light. I have tried a few craft beers - most gagged me. For those that can swallow without gagging - go for it. You can have mine.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The country's finest premium beer:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Saw this,

“All alcohol consumption, regardless of beer or not, promotes increased expression of the alpha estrogen receptor binding (feminizing receptor) and increases aromatase production (enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen/estradiol).
It has an immediate impact on hormonal levels even with acute usage, but becomes more pronounced with chronic usage, increased intake, and/or addiction.
This is why hyper emotionality is so common the day after alcohol consumption, in combination with the glutamate rebound. Because alcohol is hepatotoxic, the clearance of these estrogen metabolite wastes is reduced as well.”

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
Saw this,

“All alcohol consumption, regardless of beer or not, promotes increased expression of the alpha estrogen receptor binding (feminizing receptor) and increases aromatase production (enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen/estradiol).
It has an immediate impact on hormonal levels even with acute usage, but becomes more pronounced with chronic usage, increased intake, and/or addiction.
This is why hyper emotionality is so common the day after alcohol consumption, in combination with the glutamate rebound. Because alcohol is hepatotoxic, the clearance of these estrogen metabolite wastes is reduced as well.”
Just don't drink girly beer.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
This is blasphemy.
Who drinks cheap beer during the wonderful season of Oktoberfest?

Reactions: sand flea

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
In my fridge right now is Miller Lite, Guinness Stout and La Cumbre Sun Fade hazy IPA. The Miller is for mere swilling, of course.
I will not allow Budweiser or Rolling Rock on the premises.
Sun Fade is legit! La Cumbre makes some great beer. My local watering hole is promising to get some kegs of their Project Dank on a guest tap.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My # 1 is PBR until the hipsters drove up the price on it.
Ain't that the truth! An ice cold PBR is pretty dang good.
and 5 pages later no one has mentioned the Big Mouth (Mikey's)
When I first got into the Coast Guard (Depoe Bay) as a poor E-2, my roommate and I found that you could buy "day old" beer at the distributor in Newport. A 6-pack of Mickey's Big Mouth was 99 cents. We pooled our money bought about 10 cases of it. I drank it so much I named my dog Mickey Big Mouth. 😁

I brew my own now and drink primarily IPA's and light ales with a few franken-brews thrown in here and there. A normal batch comes out to anywhere between $4 and $8 a 6-pack depending on the ingredients. Still pretty cheap.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’ll take a 40 of Old E or St Ides on a nice, cool eve or a glass of MD20/20 Strawberry Hill on a hot summer eve. Kids now days are drinking the Steel Reserve.
This reminded me of the times I've worked in ER and the drunk homeless person always had Steel Reserve with them, to this day I can still remember the smell. Old E, Big Bear, MD 20/20, MGD, and Mickey's where the favorites back home in Eastern Oregon after High School.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
This reminded me of the times I've worked in ER and the drunk homeless person always had Steel Reserve with them, to this day I can still remember the smell. Old E, Big Bear, MD 20/20, MGD, and Mickey's where the favorites back home in Eastern Oregon after High School.
After high school? I started drinking this in high school. This led to my odyssey as a 20 year college student with a stint in the Navy stationed in Italy where we drank large bottles of Heineken for 5 Lirra (sp?) or roughy $3.00 a bottle. Even in my early 20’s they gave me the worst hangover.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Because I saw it mentioned here, and because I saw it on an ad on a guide boat I picked up an 18 of 10 Barrel Pub Beer. Bland, unimpressive, but otherwise user friendly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
After high school? I started drinking this in high school. This led to my odyssey as a 20 year college student with a stint in the Navy stationed in Italy where we drank large bottles of Heineken for 5 Lirra (sp?) or roughy $3.00 a bottle. Even in my early 20’s they gave me the worst hangover.
Yes, other than having Budlight at family functions I didn't get out until after High School. :D

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
Here's a relevant question - do you primarily drink alcohol to get a buzz or to quench thirst?

101 - 120 of 124 Posts