IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of folks drink cheap beer. Which is the favorite in Oregon? The result from one source didn't really surprise me...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I enjoy a variety of beers and always try new and seasonal. Winter I drink heavier, darker, and maltier. Summer more IPA, pale, lagers, kola hope, etc. Prices at stores reflect the inflation we are told doesn’t exist or is temporary. May have to fire up the all grain brewing set up soon.

as for cheap beer: warm afternoon or bbqing beers I go with PBR tallboys, Caldera Lawnmower Lager(6.99 at grocery outlet), or Red Can tallboys from Hop Valley (7.99 at local grocery store two days ago).

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
The only cheap beer I drink is cheap because someone else paid. I will buy beer on sale, so that’s kind of cheap.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There was this one time back in 2004 when another guy and me had our boats tied up on either side of a two boat dock at a small island in the San Juans after a C-Dory gathering. We wanted some beer but could not leave Doe Island to go to Blakely Island to get any because there were lots of boaters driving by looking for a spot at the dock and we were wanting to stay for the night. So we called one of the other boats that was still over there and asked them to get some for us. They brought Michelob Ultra. It isn't a cheap beer but it is watery like the cheap ones. It was pretty good and that is all I have drank since. I don't drink much of it at all anymore.

Back when I was young and foolish and drinking professionally, it was whatever they had on tap - usually Bud. Beer to go was Rainier in cans.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hamms, oly, Busch or Busch lite, Miller lite, pbr, Rainer. basically I don’t discriminate haha anything but Coors light and bud light. Not that I won’t drink them… currently in my fridge there’s hamms, Busch lite, Miller lite, and some “fancy” beer. I like craft beers but don’t drink them near as much. I don’t drink daily or sometimes even weekly anymore but when I do I don’t want just a handful and craft beers don’t go along with that very well haha the older I get the worse the hangovers get!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I enjoy a variety of beers and always try new and seasonal. Winter I drink heavier, darker, and maltier. Summer more IPA, pale, lagers, kola hope, etc. Prices at stores reflect the inflation we are told doesn’t exist or is temporary. May have to fire up the all grain brewing set up soon.

as for cheap beer: warm afternoon or bbqing beers I go with PBR tallboys, Caldera Lawnmower Lager(6.99 at grocery outlet), or Red Can tallboys from Hop Valley (7.99 at local grocery store two days ago).
Caldera Lawnmower is really good and for 7 per 6 pack that is an epic bargain.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I like a lot of beers, as well as lot's of different kinds of beers! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My favorite depends on a few things. My go to's are ice cold Keyston Light, it's my favorite of the light beers. I call them Rancher's Reserve! I'll drink wahtever, but If im buying it's Key Light or Coors light (Colorado Kool-Aide). Bale breakers Top Cutter is my go to IPA currently, has been for a while actually.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hamms, oly, Busch or Busch lite, Miller lite, pbr, Rainer. basically I don’t discriminate haha anything but Coors light and bud light. Not that I won’t drink them… currently in my fridge there’s hamms, Busch lite, Miller lite, and some “fancy” beer. I like craft beers but don’t drink them near as much. I don’t drink daily or sometimes even weekly anymore but when I do I don’t want just a handful and craft beers don’t go along with that very well haha the older I get the worse the hangovers get!
Hamms for me as well. Miller high life if Hamms isn't on the shelf

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Keystone or bush is my cheap beer. The past few years I've really cut back on my drinking so I've moved on to some of the craft stuff. I spend the same amount per month but I'm getting something with greater flavor.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 124 Posts