IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2/0 Owners work great on the K15. Just put a size 5 barrel swivel on the tail split ring and then the split ring from the belly hook and attach the hook. No hook points getting to you when you wrap the filet. Quick and painless, you may notice an improvement in hook to land ratio too. :dance: Also, try a search for Kwikfish hook replacement or Kwikfish hooks, something of that sort and you should get tons of info. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
You may want to consider using the Owner Needle-Points, which are 'stickier', and can be honed to be wickedly sharp as well as touched-up as needed.

The tri-faceted Cutting Points are difficult to sharpen - at least in my opinion.

Sticky sharp hooks always help, and especially so when using K-fish.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
i like the Owner cuting point in size 1 for the k-15 and size 1/0 for k-16s sharp hooks put fish in the boat :grin: Good luck and tight lines just my $0.02

[ 06-18-2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
If you really like throwing money away, by all means change hooks on your new Quickfish. The hooks that are on K15 and 16 are good strong hooks and can be sharpened easily. I have taken more than my share of 50-65 pound Kenai Kings on the stock hooks. When they rust, replace them. Until then I'm going with the stocks. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hi All,
Just a quick question here. I just picked up a few K-15 Kwikfish for a little Summer Chinook fishing this weekend. I've heard I should change the hooks out to something sharper and sturdier. I looked at the 1/0 and 2/0 Owner Cutting Point treble hooks. The 2/0's looked closest to the size of what comes with the Kwikfish, however, after purchasing them and changing them over, they are actually larger in size than the stock hooks. But I know from looking, that the 1/0's were smaller than the stock hooks. So my question is, should I err on larger than stock hooks or smaller than stock hooks? I know the K-16's have even larger hooks, and people catch Chinook with them, so I am fairly confident that the 2/0s would be fine. My concern is that they will screw up the action of the lure by throwing it off balance or something. I've never used Kwikfish, so please advise. Thanks in advance!

--Skahorse

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yep, a K-15 Kwikfish will use a 1/0 Owners Cutting Point Trebble just fine. K-16 and its a 2/0 trebble. You'll probably have more problems with balance tuning your wrapped fillet of sardine, anchovie or zipper :grin:
You'll be able to read alot about this subject using the search function of the ifish board. Try a search like "kwikfish cutting point". You'll find many are successfull with a si-wash hook as well.
Good luck. And welcome to ifish. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts