IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yet another great weekend went by without a fish.

Yes, we are fast approaching 50 trips without a fish to bring home. Right now, at this very moment, there is a Salmon I caught in 2002 in the freezer, which I am afraid to eat. Why you might ask? :rolleyes:

Because the sucker is worth $25,000 in boat purchase, gas, boat repair, mooring costs and insurance. :shocked:

This weekend I was able to outfish my father in shakers, but he still was able to hook on a keeper, that he lost. (I am crediting that to my super-skunk aura). Yes, we moved three or four times yet were unable to find a keeper.

We did however, find a smelly mess in the boat refridgerator because I forgot the plug the power in. You know how bad smelt that is a week old in 90-degree heat smells? Ask Clownmouth. He knows first hand. (Thanks dad...I owe you more than lunch!)

While I appreciate that emails I have recieved from several ifishers, I am not replying. Even the slightest direct contact with me could mean the remainder of 2003 will be totally fishless for you. I like you guys (and gals) too much to do that to you. In fact, I am even contemplating not posting anymore, due to the severity of my affliction.

The only thing left for me to change, except for the boat, is my attitude.

I have changed socks, shirts, hats, poles, wore gloves, used every scent known to man (except for the elusive carrot juice), and even taken different people on the boat.

As of Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 7:07 p.m. I am no longer going fishing. I am going boating and just throwing crud in the water to give me an excuse to have wonderful, stress-free times with my dad and friends.

Who knows, maybe I will take up watersking! (Um, I hope I get a fish before it gets that far...)

So, my fellow boaters, I will see you on the river. Just remember, if you see a big, blue Sea Ray that says Rarin To Go on the back -- get out of there because the fish are at least 90 miles away.

Tight lines (ski lines that is)

Chacal

·
Registered
756 Posts
Reminds me so much of my two midwest uncles - Ole and Sven - who decided to go salmon fishing in Alaska. Air fare, lodge, new rods and reels, food, out of state licenses and they catch 1 fish. They get back home and figure that the one fish ran them $7000. One of the wives overheard them and quipped " Vell den, it vas a darn good thing you didn't catch 2 fish." :wink:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Chacal,
It might be the dock. I am moored a few spaces down from where you were docked this spring. (I met your dad one day.) Anyway, I have taken several people out springer fishing this year and everyone of them has a least gotten a native to play with, except for me. That's right not a bump, drive by, or a take down. So I think it must have something to do with that end of the dock.

Seeing that you moved spots I think the trouble is a low fish count in the river. Let me know when you start catching fish I will move down to that end of the dock also.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
hey, i hooked 3 springers this year and lost all 3, the ocean has been too rough for me to get out and get some coho. i have made 20 trips out to the columbia for summer nooks and steelhead, i aint got lucky yet, but i am focusing on the good cuz i have this little coastal stream in washington that produces some of the finest coho fishing in the state. and come november i will catch fish. kb

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Come on team carrot heads.....errrr...(juice)
Here is the ultimate challenge of product effectiveness in a live situation.
Give Chacal some of the top secret....whatever it is????
If he catches fish...put me down for a gallon. :bowdown:
novice

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Originally posted by tuna breath:
Have you tried eating tuna sandwiches while you're fishing? Don't forget to breathe "tuna breath" on your hook!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Hehehe, I remember that post!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bring just yourself or your boat up to Sekiu and I will help you break your skunk, guaranteed. You will hook at least 10 fish. You may only land 5 of so, but more likely you will fill your daily limit of 4 fish, unless you are a total cracker. I say change where you are fishing, and get you confidence back.

In 4 days of fishing we have hooked and released well over 100 fish. It is a drive, but I will be there this weekend, and happy to show you the ropes.

If you don't catch a fish, I pay for gas, beer and bait, you just bring your lunch. If you catch fish, you buy the bait, gas, and dinner Saturday night.

Andy

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

WHO WILL WIN?

Team Carrot Milk and their awesome display of fishing, or will the skunk (and rotten smelt) stench of Chacal win the day!

Find out Next Sunday after Team Carrot Milk takes on their biggest challenge yet... a fishless retard and his father!

We should put money on this....

Chacal.

(The only problem with betting is I don't know who I should bet for....) :smile:

Look forward to it 5-cent!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts