Registered
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I take my AT&T or my T-Mobile ?

T-Mobile works at Tillamook & Nehalem, BTW

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
I had ATT coverage out past the CR buoy with my Nokia 3360. It seems that the phone always rings during a chinese fire drill.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have discovered that Sprint does not cover Astoria, Lincoln City, or Newport. :depressed:

Sprint does have reception in Tillamook, but I loose reception 4 miles out. :depressed:

T-Moble works at Astoria & Tillamook even out 25 miles. :shocked:

Cheerio'
Skipper

[ 08-27-2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Skipper ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nextel or Verizon works good at B 10 and verizon phone over 20 miles off the coast of Cape Flattery (Neah Bay)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Last year I was out past B10 with verison when our engine decided to overheat and stop. Our CB also happened to sputter at the same time. The Verison phone got the coast guard out to toe us in!!!!!

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
I'm with Boatdog, we were out at the CR buoy yesterday and I had a strong signal with AT&T and my Nokia 3360.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Verizon. I have coverage almost all the time 17 miles off shore. I had some spotty coverage 30 miles out last weekend.

This also depends on the phone, not just the service provider. John has a Nokia and I have a Motorola. Sometimes if one works, the other doesn't and vice versa.

I hear that the aftermarket antennas really do help. Thanks Keta!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Verizon has the best coverage and the best deals. But, sometimes there customer service sucks. I let my phone go under water at B10 a week ago, not good. I ordered a new phone that evening and was told for $8.95 I could have over night delivery. Great I got it 6 days later. When I called then their answer was we can't promise over night delivery.Go figgure. God I love phone companys. Oh yea, there are 20 of us that fish at B10 and we all have Verizon because we can talk mobile to mobile at no charge. I told them that and they really did not care. I belive they think they have you by the,,,,,,oh well.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
What about Nextels walkie talkie feature. My Nextel works better than my Verizon on the lower columbia including in the ocean......I can walkie talkie with my buddies out there too. Lots better rates than ATT or Verizon.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts