IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the excellent post about your trip Alan. I wish that I could have joined you and the guys down there. Your post highlights something that is now my personal truth about destination trips such as this one. That truth is that the reason to go to these islands and other destinations is to experience a different way of fishing than we do on the long range boats, not as an antidote to a dissappointing multi-day trip. Matt might have told you about our trip to Mag Bay last year, a trip that was conceived on a dissappointing five-day where nothing over 8 lbs was caught. We arrived in Mag Bay, after a costly and difficult journey, to find out that a commercial panga fleet had been camped at the mouth of the bay for two months ahead of our arrival. They fished 24/7 and caught everything that swimmed, so the famous plan B, plan C, Plan D to fish for multiple species were completely gone when the offshore water proved too warm to fish pelagics. What little we did was simply to follow the five mile long shark fishing buoy lines that the pangeros had set up to see if there was a 5 lb dodo sitting under one of the buoys. Cedros has a much better evening scene than Mag Bay does, and it seems like the sportfishing interests might have won the day there for now.... I'm glad you guys had fun and I hope that your return trip is excellent as well.

PS - the last time i was a charter master it cost me an extra $3,000, for the privelege....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts