IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a whole lot of people fishing today. There was a lot of fish caught to. It was the orange corkie and the orange blue fox spinner and eggs for the best rig use of the day. There was also some chrome fish caught.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Jetsledder, sorry man, I don't give a hoot about bajillion fisherman fishing a 3/4 mile stretch of bank for a bijillion fish. I saw the parking lot on Saturday ( i did know better but i still wanted to give the stadium the benifit of the doubt) and I high taliled it for parts unknown. Sure, your are right. No fish for me. daggumit, but i sure enjoyed my freedom.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks for the report! :tongue: How was the water??? I was down on sunday and it was almost too clear still hooked fish but you had to work for them.
I think we ended up w/8 landed. :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I would like to see how you rigged an orange corkie an orange blue fox spinner and eggs at the same time...

Oh never mind :shrug:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What i meant was :grin: that was the rigs that were used. :wink: Each was separatly used rig :tongue: . Also the water was pretty green color to it. Wasnt clear.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
Jetsledder- I don't know if you were fishing the same Cedar Creek that I fished today, but I fished it this afternoon and it was the clearest I've seen in a LONG time. I was actually surprised that the rain didn't raise the water level or change the water clarity. We ended up with 3 chrome hens and released one buck between two of us. Today just wasn't my day as I missed a ridiculous amount of takes. Seems about 50:50 chrome to nasty ratio now. Lots of fish, lots of people.

Cully- Give me a call next time you're in town, I've got a couple of spots that we can fish all by ourselves that are loaded with fish.

Oh, and once again, thank you Mr. Amerman. I love the way my eggs turn out with that cure!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Someone said that they may put a camera in the trees on the opposite side of the "snag hole"...sure hope so they could get a whole lot of folks. The hatchery folks said that the silver run brings out the worst in fisherman.... I agree. Case in point the bathroom being closed now because of abuse. Beautiful river :smile: ....beautiful fish :smile: ....but a lot of ugly people fishing for them. :grin:
Brought a hole bag of garbage out on the last trip....can't believe that they can pack their beer in full...but can't take it out empty. :shrug:

·
Registered
556 Posts
At the hatchery hole there is a wad of rolled of line that extends nearly the entire channel, I lost 15 setups Sunday night. 15 Fish landed, all released. 2 chrome hens hooked between the dorsal fins. Fish not really biting, they know whats going on. Many new chrome nates coming in. Water is very clear which was a paradox to me.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
cully, if this coho season doesn't work out, then we still have winter steelhead. I'll be down there quite a bit once those get in. If you're going to be around Sunday, let me know. By the way, I may be coming down tomorrow night then duck hunting in the morning. Is there anything running down south that we could hit in the afternoon. Shoot me an email or PM.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
People have also broken the hose that the hatchery has for public use. It's really not for the public, but they let us fishermen use it anyway. Well, now the pipe is broken on one and the other one is bolted closed. I really wish people could have some respect for the places they fish.

Also, I know there's a lot of Ifisher's that go down there, so if WE just carry out one trash bag each, everytime we go down, I think it would clean up pretty quick.

I too have noticed a lot of nates. We caught four in a day last week. Is this normal? How strong is the native coho run on the Sandy?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Steelhead22, dad's weekend coming up but if I've got enough left in the tank I might go out Sunday to fish. If not i won't be able to fish for a couple of weeks. Home Coming is also on tap which takes me off the river. After that though I'll be busting loose. Keep in touch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts