IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick follow up to the Cedar Creek Cleanup. 8 enthusiastic volunteers arrived for coffee, donuts and a door prize ticket then headed down the trail.

We were pleased to find much less garbage along the bank above the creek than we had anticipated. Several volunteers crossed over and cleaned the island, bringing in a half dozen or so bags of trash. Other treasures include a tractor tire, bike, and a gill net float on the bank of the creek, 100 yards up from the mouth. Gill nets on Cedar Creek?

The door prize of a Leatherman Wave tool was won by Colonel Thomas. (Which is curious because he seems to win a lot of raffles at the monthly meetings......hummmm)

My thanks to all who helped out and to the hatchery staff for the coffee and ATV to bring the garbage up.

Stay tuned for another cleanup in the future.

One question: What kind of person(s) strips off several dozen yards of line, carefully wraps said line around the hand, dutifully ties it off in a perfect figure 8........then dumps it on the ground?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Thanks Snag for coordinating this. Would have been there if I hadn't left town to hang out with my Pa for Father's Day.

I've participated in several various cleanup days, and it is truly bewildering the random stuff that turns up.

Now for my guess on where the fishing line came from. I'd bet that it was someone's leader spool that they dropped accidentally.

Another question that I have, and this is spurred from the recent post with the giant ball of line and gear that was pulled out of a local river: How do we clean up the mess that's in the river? For instance, in the bottom of some of the big holes on the Sandy (Pipeline and at Dodge come to mind right off), I know that there must be some pretty big messes down there.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Snag - Yes, it felt good to help out. Thanks for setting this up. I enjoyed meeting everyone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always thought it would be fun to get some scuba or snorkle gear and dive those holes in the summer. Not only to learn the structure better, but maybe collect some buried treasure.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
I think it would be really cool to dive some of them holes during the summer when the flow is low and slow. We use to free dive all the striper spots back home in California and get spinners and lead weights all the time in the summer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts