IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the hatchery and fished friday evening. Bite turned on at about 5:30, ended up catching 7 coho, keeping 3. Went again today, bite was good 5:00 till dark. My buddies and I hooked near 15 fish, landed 9, kept 4 chromer beauties. Now I've got 9 jars of eggs in the garage curing up in Amermans. That's over $200 dollars in eggs my friend. Who says you can't make money fishin'?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I assume you're talking about the Sandy River? Couldn't decide if I wanted to go back out there this afternoon, cause about all I've been seeing lately is darker, redish fish coming out.

Did you go down river, or fish the Cedar Creek "Hole"?

·
Registered
334 Posts
i caught a nice chrome hen way down river from the crowds yesterday. i think there will still be lots of bright fish on the way. too bad the season ends this friday. the creek itself is choked with dark red coho and even a few spring chinook still hanging in there.

the mouth of the cedar creek and the next big hole down were way too crowded for me. i've fished the sandy for quite a while now and this is the first year i've fished in the cedar creek area. i've never seen so many people cram themselves into a small hole and toss corkies at fish. i wonder how many people were hit with flying corkies and pencil lead from people setting the hook like they were trying to start a lawn mower. i've started calling this hole the "corkie hole." it smells like a fish processing plant down there. i guess some people don't mind that kind of fishing. to each his/her own i guess.

redneck

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when we go up there and fish, we go above the first crowded hole, fish that rapid a bit, and then go up to the head of the next hole. We were up there again yesterday and hooked 7, kept 2. One was a chrome hen, the other a darked buck. We came in on the heels of four guys, and caught fish first cast. The key: small spinners. There were also a lot of fish in the deep hole above that, where the monster cliff is, but they weren't biters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts