IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather is coming down from Forks to go fishing tomorrow. I was curious if they're still catching em below Cathlamet. Long ways for him to come and I don't want to waste his time. We got a couple there last week, but it was slow.
Thanks a bunch
Glow

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Biggest zipperlip section of the CR that there is. Sorry I have never fished this section of the river or I would help out!

Come on guys somebody knows something

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I fished it last year during this time and we did good trolling herring with 2oz droppers on the incoming tide. I haven't fish there this year, but my mentor went last thurs-sat and they only managed 2 hookups. They only saw a handful of fish landed also?!?! They should be there though. Last week they were mainly fishing the outgoing tide, so check your tidebook and good luck. Please post a report if you go!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I'm headed there tomorrow for my first overnight trip on my boat.
Give me a hail on channel 16. My boats name is Sea Lion. If I have a fish report I'll share it with you and I ask you to do the same.
I'll return Saturday and promise to post a report by late Saturday night.

Anyone with hot tips or info on this area, please email me or post up here, thanks.

Tight lines...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Cris
I talked to a buddy that fished county line today.It was on the slow side,they hooked up twice-one jack-the other was a good one that came off.They had three drive bys that didn't stick.KR and I are going Sat.Leave your phone on tmarrow.My buddy said he heard they did better at Cathlamet.Love that reel! Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Well I fished yesterday evening and just about the whole tide today and Nada, Zip.
There were a few caught but all in all it seemed slow.
Maybe next year...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I fished there Wed. thru Fri. Nothing on Wed. I only saw two fish caught out of probably 20 boats. On Thurs. we had two take downs but no fish. I saw maybe 6 fish caught out of probably 20 boats. On Fri. we had 5 take downs and two hatchery keepers. I think our boat was the hotest one around except for a couple guide boats. I talked to some people who fished further upstream (Longview area) and they reported much better results. I recommend that you pick a spot and fish it hard. All those fish going over the Bonneville Dam and Willamette Falls have to swim up river to get there. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts