IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time of the year is one I always look forward to. Fall Chinook can be caught fresh from the ocean in water that is low and clear. Here are some pictures of a jig that I'm offering in limited quantities. It is a blend of four different marabou feathers with an abundant supply of matching Krystal Flash.

These beautiful feathers are wrapped around a stout Owner 3/0 hook made to handle big fish. This jig can be fished alone or with added bait. My favorite is using a large shrimp tail with some shrimp/anise scent. I rig it up the same way as I would for steelhead but use heavier line.

This last week I got bit several times using this jig for Fall Chinook including this beauty:

This jig is available in limited quanties only from our store at First Cast Jigs

Have fun fishing.

Mark

[ 10-25-2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: First Cast ]

G

·
Hey I was there :grin: That jig is reminiscent of those Alaska salmon flies I've seen. Really looks nice in the water too.
I would jump on some of these jigs if you want to catch a salmon this fall....they won't last long.
Mark hooked another chromer on the same jig, might have even been the same fish.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was looking at the picture of the fish and Jig. I think you should at least put that jig in its mouth. It looks like a very nice product!

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted to get a good picture of the fish with a jig in it's mouth but this was the only one that turned out.

Gregor

I fish these jigs a few feet off of the bottom using a sliding set-up. I fish them the same way as you would fish eggs under a bobber. Just cut off the hook and tie on a jig in it's place and you're ready to go.

Mark

G

·
The fish in the above picture was hooked "through and through" in other words the Owner hook penetrated through the fishes mouth and the point was coming out the other side. I would have never lost that fish due to it coming unhooked.
I suggested the picture of Marks chrome fish with the unused jig. I think it's a nice looking picture :grin:

[ 10-26-2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Also, if you take the bobber off and swim it through the hole, it would work even better. I think Ill videotape a day on the river Im fishing right now, twenty or more silvers, kings and steelhead all in the same day, no bobber just jigging, put a bobber on and nothing, take it off and fish on, they inhale it. I love jigs. Try Brown with red, thats awesome. Also, flo orange head, brown,cherise body, all marabou. Although bobbers do work better in some situations, especially if the hole is the far slot, but if its close, take the bobber off.

G

·
Wow IFISH4U you were there that day too? You should have come up and introduced yourself to us and shown us how it's really done.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This limited quantity item has sold out. To the lucky ones who placed an order, the jigs will be shipped in the next couple days.

Mark

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
IFISH4U:

give us some more details about the bobber-less jig method. I've used it in a few places with success, but have not really given the technique a fair trail and I'd say I've got a lot to learn about this particular method.

thanks in advance,

HC

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steeliesteve

Alright, I'll tie some more. The reason I offered these jigs in limited quantity is because they are so labor intensive. It takes a lot of work to make a four feather jig.

Happy shopping.

Mark

·
Registered
559 Posts
hey how much are the jigs and whats the best way to use them . thanks semi-novive hankstr :shrug:

·
Registered
559 Posts
hey how much are the jigs and whats the best way to use them . thanks semi-novice hankstr :shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts