IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some days it's good to be the hot boat.

I had the privelage to fish with Catch and Eat, Pops and Snapshot today.

We started the day in the Sellwood area and it was dead. Pops had two take downs that didn't stick and we saw two fish hooked by all of the boats in the area. I believe it was at about 11 that we declared that stretch of river dead. We dropped Snapshot off, Sorry you missed it Ray, and headed up river to the OC area.

Well it was a different story alltogether up there. Between the three of us in 3 hrs we had seven chances, hooking five and getting 3 to the boat. We were by far the hot boat for the area. We saw maybe 2 other fish hooked in the area, but we were able to find the slot and score.

Bernie thanks again for the invite. It was a pleasure. I hope we can do it again sometime. There are a lot of fish in the river right now, It's just a chore to get them to bite. Springer, it's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
The count I believe was seven fish on and 3 to the boat Ryan but who's counting :grin: Tough day in the milwaukie area today. Slower than i-fishes old server. Like Ryan said, we only saw two fish in that area and on our way to OC we did see one fish on below the Island. For the last couple of days the bite in this area had been good but it sure shut down today. Must have been related to the river really droping by at least 2.5ft or so. :shrug:

I had three on today and crackered two off. Must have been natives so they were obviously safely released. :wink: Of course we wont talk of the fish I handed off to someone only for them to loose it. :tongue: Not going to name any names.

Ryan deserves the congradulations today. He was the big fish winner. Looked to be about 16 or 17 lbs. Pop's was second with a really fat and sassy 10lbr and I.....well..... :blush: okay it tipped the scales at 7lbs. :shocked: What the heck, its a nice little eater for the BBQ.

Snapshot, wish you could have stuck around. You would have had a blast. "you should have been there". :grin:

Great to fish with both of you again. Always welcome on my boat. Ryan I am glad that BOE's fishless MOJO has not rubbed off on you. Kinda reassuring is'nt it? :laugh:

Bernie

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ramstrong and Catch and Eat, it was a real treat for me to ride along for the short trip. I believe the sea lion must have nailed my fish. Had I been able to stay awake I may have taken the ride up river. But then again I was taken for a ride. :grin: I may as well have been fishing with Roy today. :shocked:

I did finish my pond and have it full of fresh water and some new plants the wife deemed ssential.

Glad to hear you found fish. Any witnesses? Sounds like Pops has that place dialed in. I did not see anything being said about King James,

Well done and thanks again for the ride. I can hardly wait for my couple days off this coming week. I gonna be down there even if alone. Maybe Ramstrong will be able to sneak out about then too. Ryan, send me your phone number and maybe we can hookup.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Okay Ray, "On the King James". I would say there were lots of witnesses with jaws dropped to the floorboard of their boats. We had the area all to ourselves until I hooked my 1st fish. Then we aquire quite a following. Especially after our 5th hookup. So we changed locations and proceeded to do more of the same.

I just love my freezer burnt eggs. :shocked: Got to love it. Fish on!!!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I will believe if you say it on the King James. Congrats to all of you. I didn't want to get up there and then have to leave in the middle of a strike. With your special treatment of those eggs, how could you not catch fish? :shrug:

I suppose Fishing Eddie went home fishless as did I. Perhaps Rod, Roy and I could team up and show the rest of you non-believers a thing or two.

I'll have to sit it out next time on the water.. That is the way it goes, some days you do and some you don't. today you "DO"

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bernie, It was a good feeling. Actually catching a fish from a boat that doesn't belong to Coot22.

Ray, I'll email you my # for future reference, but nothing has changed on the baby front. We're still waiting, and now that the due date has passed. I'm not getting out of here unitl post partem is finished.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ryan, I will be going on Wednesday and was thinking of going back downtown area. Unless someone can convince me to go to Milwaukie or OC. Anyone care to tell me where to go? :grin:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Look at the bright side Ray, you got the koi pond really clean today. :wink: Hey, why don't you share that cute little picture of you fishing there with your snoopy pole. :cheers: Thanks for going yesterday. I truly believed we would hit fish down there but, as usual I was incorrect.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Originally posted by snapshot:
Anyone care to tell me where to go? :grin:

<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Ray have'nt you been told THAT enough by now. :tongue: :wink: :grin: Right now it is just put you line in the water and fish time. However, I hear the lewis is putting out a fish or two.

[ 05-12-2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hum? Snapshot in the boat no fish. Snapshot out of boat fish. :whazzup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts