IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all dream of days like this. Today was our turn. Final count 6 fish landed, 2 released, limits for C&E and Pops. :dance: Pops also had 4 other drive bys but being an old guy his reflexes are a little slow. :shocked: :grin:

From the reports we got and from what we witnessed the Willy was worse than slow. We just happened to find the slot today. Man I love it when that happens.

Also, a special thanks to David Johnson for my 40th b-day present. I finally got to use them David. Awesome!!!!! :cheers: They were put to good use just as promised.

Okay, Pops and I both put twin 28lb'rs in the boat measuring 36.5 inches. I put another 13 lb'r and pops with a 8lb'r. We released 2 other fish one a small jack looking clipped fish that was all of 4 or 5 lbs and 21 inches and pops release a native that was approx 20+ lbs.

what a day. For those of you that were invited but could'nt make it... :shrug: ya missed out.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown:
what about that blind squirrel theory? Guess we can toss that one our for everyone but BOE. Spent about four hours on the Willey this am and was one for one. Nice 37" fish hen that weighed about 20 lbs or so. Thought it was about 60 when it hit and then after that first run, thought it might be a carp. It basically rolled over and came to met.
Well done old beared of the TOP CROW award. Guess you can change your diet now. Very happy to here you hit them. I watched a seal slaughter about 5 fish before I move away from him.

No wait that was not a seal it was CATCH and EAT and POPS.

Hats off to your crew. I have pictures do you? I will have to stop by to check them out just to make sure this in not a fabricated dream borrowed from Rod...

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm not worthy!

Will you adopt me, Bernie??

:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Congrats Bernie. I spent 4 hours with old fishless last night. We were blanked as usual. Everyone loves a limit of springer, I bet your tummy is full.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Danh Bernie, now everyone is going to want a jar of berries for their B-Day.

Good job, I'm glad you got to use them with your Pop's.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Way to go Bernie glad to hear you guys had such a great day :cheers: I'm really thinking Dylan is trying to keep that darn Baton :shrug: We might have to put a two year time limit on how long you can hold it :laugh:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Rod like you said in another post, I made a bed for the baton right at my foot of the bed and I think that tonight my feet are going to get real hot :shocked: .
This is because I am going to set the baton on fire
C & E you and your dad are great guys and I am glad to hear you slamed the fish today :smile: .
The bad part is I could have been there, then again with the baton/master on the boat may have been a different story.

Fishalot

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Snapshot, you can bet there are pictures and lots of them. I am sure they will pop up in a week or so. Got to get them developed. BTW, the crow is now the mascot. :shocked: Thanks Ray :cheers:

Dylan, :hoboy: you had your chance brother.

Hey David, I think my birthday is next week. How about another jar or two :bowdown: :bowdown:

Went back out for a few hours this morning. River is coming up but my buddy Mike Tupper put one to the boat and released it just because he could. :wink: Much slower today. I cracker 3 fish so I had my chance :blush:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Bernie, where are you putting in> I went to the harbor on Saturday and knocked another 22 lb er in the head. My grandson (11) and son in law were with me and they had never been out with anyone that caught a chinook before. I tried to hand off to the grandson and he would not take the rod as he saw the fish jump and said it was to big for him. Made for a great trip even though it was short.

I let the trolling motor run out of gas about 9:30 so we quit about 10 am as we had things to do and promissed to be back by 11 anyway.
Keep PoPs in the fish,

Yes I have pictures but will have to get them developed. Will be around in a week or so to compare.

:cheers:

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good job Ray! :dance: Don't ya just love those short day trips that produce. Makes up for those long ones that ya get zippo aye?

Here is the information you are looking for. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and turn right and you are there. Eggs and sand shrimp behind a diver or ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^########_______________ if you are not connecting. If you really want to know then you can e-mail me.

There are fish out there but they are just really tight lipped right now.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
way to go Catch and Eat! that has to feel pretty good. now if that would happen to me once.It was slow on Sat for us.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Way to go Bernie Baby:
Billy and I are going to have to hit the river again after we get the crappie smell off of our hands. Brought back 256 crappie...Mmmmmm!! Glad that you had a great day. Terry :dance: :dance:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts