IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need two castle nuts, the same thing you see on a boats prop....... with REVERSE threads.

Where might I find these?

·
Registered
676 Posts
thats a tough one,but try parkrose hardware,probably the most complete inventory of hard to get fasteners i know of,,,,,

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Castle nuts are intended to be retained by cotter pins, so why would you need reverse (left-hand) threads?? :whazzup:
Maybe General Thread in SE PDX, or you might have to have them made by a machine shop. :shrug:

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are for a drive assembly on an old MF tractor mower. The cotter pins act as a shear pin too, so if the blades hit something very hard, the pins shear off, and the nut can spin rather than breaking the driveline or blade. They are not torqued so the cotter pins keep them stationary as well.

Tough to find even in tractor/mower retail industry. I was hoping maybe theres something in the boat line of products similar to what I need. They are the same as a prop retainer nut, but reversed SAE threads.

Ill check both those places, thanks.

Machine shop wants $40 a piece!

[ 07-13-2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: cirrhosis-of-the-river ]

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
If you tell me the size and pitch, I could make you a couple with my grinder out of standard Reverse thread nuts.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Look at Tacoma Screw on columbia in portland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts