IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed up to the Cascade Lakes in the next day or so. I was wondering if I could elicit any news or reports from Hosmer, Crane, or lakes near there. Thanks in advance. I'll report back after my trip. Cheers, CopperMan.

Reactions: Dave Smith

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses. Thank you Whiskey Dick for the link.

I started out at Hosmer and was shocked to see NO fish in the channel between the lower and upper lake. I did get into some Brooke Trout in the upper lake. It was really slow until the birdies started working after sunset. Slow stripping nymphs worked for me.

I put in at Quinn River this morning at 6:30. Talked to a guy who was coming in to use the bathroom. He had one trout and one big Kokanee on blood colored chironimids. Other than that I saw one fish landed on bait out near where Quinn opens to the main lake. I marked the occasional fish and, don't laugh, throught I'd really found a concentration of fish only to realize it was stumps showing up on my Fishin Buddy. :) I had 3 take downs, all missed, on a chirono pupa and a blood worm. In reading some of the posts, maybe I should have stayed longer. I was off the water at 1. Skunked, no love for me. Cheers, CopperMan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts