IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Carrot Brothers and I had a pretty good couple days of fishing, we did not get to fish together but I have a feeling this post will have some pretty nice pics so common Carrot Clan post them up here!

Here’s my report.

Thursday I took my friend Brad and his wife Maria out. Brad has heard of all my fishing success and seen the pictures but it seems every time he gets in my boat the action is, shall we say less than hot.

We got in the water, I showed him how to plug cut and hook a herring up and a couple minutes later we started our troll. Not 50 seconds had gone by when he says “Fish On!” I look at his rod and it is buried and I am thinking “Oh great he is already hung up” but the bottom took a quick move… hey it was a fish. After a good tussle it came off at the boat… too bad because it was a nice nook. We start trolling again and I get a fish, about a 18lb nook, or so I thought but we will get back to that latter.

After a while Maria’s rod takes a good dive and we have another fish on and this bad boy decided to head back to the ocean in a big way. Very hot fish, great fight and Maria did an outstanding job to get this guy in the boat!

Well they finally made it on the boat for “One of those days” because we had fish on about every 20 minutes all daylong. Here are a couple of good pics…

My buddy Brad with his first Coho ever…

And what about a clipped steelhead chrome bright and fresh from the ocean!

We got our limit by noon!

Here is a group pic of us at the ramp with our 2 nooks, 3 Coho’s and one steelhead!

When we pulled into the dock to bait up some crab rings State Officer Schwab (hope I spelled the name right) asked to inspect out catch and tags. No problem. He looks over the fish and says I got one wild Coho! YIKES! Remember that fish I thought was an 18lb nook? I had a nice discussion with the officer and we both inspected the gum line the tail and spots. After doing so he had his own questions if it was a nook or Coho so he called a biologist working a different ramp in the area and asked some questions. We inspected it again and he could not tell the difference. He ended up taking the fish with him and taking my name and number saying they would ID the fish and if it was a Coho he would not have any choice but to ticket me because of the Federal Law. I felt so bad!

Well we ended up going crabbing for a few hours and when we got back to the dock guess who was waiting, that’s right Officer Schwab. He actually drove the fish to the biologist and had him ID it. He said as soon as the bio saw it he said Coho then after a closer inspection, including sampling scales he gave it a positive ID as a nook. The officer had been waiting at the dock with my fish on ice to give it back. I thought it was real nice of this game officer to go out of his way to do this. He could have just given me a ticket and taken the fish but he took the time to go above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks!

Friday found XTC and I back at the same fishing hole but this time we met the ever so lively Fear No Fish! The fishing was not as hot as it was the day before but FNF ended up boating this nice coho.

XTC played “Fishing Dad” and kept everything going on the boat and I went 2-6. I had fish after fish on but could not keep them on… oh well some days go like that! Here’s a pic of the days catch.

At least we gave FNF a day he probably wont forget with the swells, waves, fish and two boats going down right in front of us! FNF it was great fishing with you. I hope you ended up getting a few fish over the weekend. I cant wait to come up and do some all out night assaults on those metalheads in your neck of the woods. You are welcome back on my boat any time… maybe we can get together for some URB’s when the time is right!

Today my wife wanted me to take her, her friend and their kids out on a beach on the CR for some sun and fun so I rotted out all day with my buddy Joe at Frenchman’s Bar. There were about 8 other boats and we saw only one net fly. I got sunburned. That’s about it and I cant wait to see the rest of the Carrot reports!

[ 08-16-2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Shizzle, you beat by a couple of minutes. Oh well,,,,,, :mad:

My story is on the other post, sorry 5 cents!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice to meet you Fear my Fish!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow.

I went fishing today with TEAM CARROT and once again they got me a fish. Now every single time I step on a Team Carrot boat I have caught a fish.

That is just killer!

Today we hung out at Wheeler and trolled in the morning with Big N Bright, Clownmouth and FishNTXC.

Zaq was running around too, and early on it looked like he was going to out fish us.

That is when XTC broke out his secret weapon and location.

Now I have never been in the ocean fishing. The roughest water I have ever been on before today was Young's Bay with some wind. Not strong wind, just some little wind waves. Today opened my eyes to the ocean and we didn't even go out into the ocean.

It was a lot of fun, but I need to find my sea legs. I didn't get sick, but I couldn't stand or move for the life of me. In fact, 8 hours after our trip, and my monitor, keyboard, room, wife and house are stilling going up and down and up and down...um, ignore the wife part of that... :tongue:

We were at the jaws of the Nehalem and it was a fun, fun ride. I could have not caught a fish all day and it still would have been great! Turns out, I got to witness combat fishing at its finest! We even saw an old boat hit a brand new boat! No damage, just some nasty noises.

To be honest, I didn't keep track of how many fish we caught today, because I was amazed atthe sheer number of fish being caught all over. It was amazing. Having the surf that close, right to your left and having fish being pulled out of the water all over. Great day.

In the end I got to bring one home, Clownmouth limited out and Big and Bright got one too. I don't know what type because, heck, this is my second fish ever. They all look the same if you ask me.

I learned a lot about fishing cut plug herring. For my first time out in this environment I think I did OK. Although I am sure XTC thinks the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree...yes, I am a spazz.

My camera is broken, so no pics until Clownmouth figures out his camera or Big and Bright posts our catch.

Thanks for the GREAT day guys.

Tomorrow it is back to "Rarin' To Go" in St. Helens to chase the 5 URBs that are in the area (My sister-in-law wants to go out on the boat, so might as well wet some lines...)

Keep catchin!

Chacal

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hey 5-cent you got a pic of the "cohonook"? Would like to study it a little. How was the tail?(spots on lower section is nook) Also save some fish for the 90%ers would ya? :wink:

[ 08-16-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: fisherdan ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
"Zaq was running around too, and early on it looked like he was going to out fish us."

What do you mean looked like? I got 3 kings today and a hand full of 'ho's. I got your ND boy! :shocked:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
CP.....P........ND!!

We'll What else is there to say? It was an awesome weekend with great friends....Damm I love fishing! I would say it was a weekend for newbies, it was sweet to see the green horns get their first salmons.

It's good to see more Ifisher's on the water, I hope we weren't to loud on the water for ya, I noticed some started to join in on the wooping and hollering.....it's the only way to do it.

CP......P.....ND!

Bobby

day of Coho's

Day of Kings

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool pics Bobby :cheers:

Zaq I think you look better when you are making a face :laugh: :tongue: :wink:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice Job Carrot Crew and Friends!!!!! :cheers:

Those are some nice fish!!!!

Anyone heading down to B-10 the first of the week like Monday or Tuesday?? Might head down there before I have to head off to school again. :depressed: :sick:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fisherdan I dont have any close up photos, I should have taken them, but it is the fish that Maria is holding in the group photo farthest to the right.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Those are some awesome pictures
, Carrot Milk pulls through again :cheers: :dance:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Zaq,

You are correct. You're fishing skill FAR surpasses mine. I stand in awe of the EXCELLENT way you lose fish at the boat.

Oh course, you have to get a fish on to lose it, which you do have me beat at.

As far as the picture with myself, Big N Bright and Clownmouth...that is a 9.9 on the Clown Mouth Scale. That was a couple of 60s!!

Today we hit the river again near St. Helens during the outgoing.

NO ONE CAUGHT A FISH.

I did not see one single net flying or boat breaking lose for the four hours we were out there. Plus it was rough for the Columbia.

We tried the salmon for a bit...nothing, then we switched over to sturgeon and caught a couple of shakers. Nice day on the water though.

Thanks for the GREAT weekend Carrot Clan.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The Town of Wheeler Should make you guys the Grand Marshal's with all the Lurkers looking at these pics that place is going to be a Cash crop with all the people who will be flocking there after there Aug. Chinook. LOL

Good job guys you make it look easy... :cheers:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Chacal, it helps when you set the hook on em. That kid I had with me was half asleep when that fish hit and he never set the hook..... :rolleyes: Oh well, he was more into going fishing than actually doing something with a slimy old fish........

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
:cheers: :dance: :cheers: :dance: :cheers: :dance: :bowdown: :bowdown:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts