IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Can\'t get the skunk out of the bag!!!!

I put in a few trips myself before I was rewarded with chrome. The thing I have found is when you get in a skunk slump, the only way to get out of it is fish your way out. The next trip you may be the one on fire. It happens that way sometimes :shrug:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Smeltman I'am on a thirty year springer slum never caught one yet I have only tried hard for them the last two years but never have got one to bite yet. This year I'am hoping to get my skunk out of the bag also....good luck

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

I'm with Tacklebuster... Just keep puttin' your time in on the water, try different techniques and baits, and it WILL happen! :smile:

Tight lines.... Tim :grin:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts

Tilla = 112 hours = 0 springers

·
Registered
12,182 Posts

I agree, try different baits, different speeds and remember depth is pretty crucial. It does take a ton of time usually to get into some fish or figure them out, it you really do at all.
That skunk will say bye-bye soon enough.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts

I have been trying for three years and have yet to hook up with one. I am limited to the bank being I have no boat so that cuts my odds even more one of these days I will hook up with one. :whazzup:

·
Registered
388 Posts

Thanks for all the frendly advice. This time last year I had ten springers on my tag. :cheers: I didnt change my approach since last year. I am limited to fishing smaller waters because of my 12' dingy. :mad: Cut plug herring seemed to be the ticket last year but not this year. I cant seem to figure it out. :shrug: : Maybe you guys should send my some of that spring chrome mojo :cheers:
Tight Lines SM

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Sorry Smeltman.... you gotta have your own mojo, and only YOU can provide it!

At least that's my experience..... :wink:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can\'t get the skunk out of the bag!!!!

I dont think its my year to catch one of these little slimy springers. I have tried with no avail yet. Yesterday I fished the lower MC with no luck saw about 8 fish caught. Anybody know what I am doing wrong let me know any advice would be helpful. Tight lines

SM

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

Smeltman, don't give up!!! I didn't think it was ever going to happen to us either!! Just try different baits and keep on trying!!

Dipnet :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts