IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty cold out huh?? 3 weeks from now someone will be posting a pic of a winter run from the Wilson. it will be a beautiful fish black back crome sides and a white belly. A day ot two later there'll be another, then another and soon we'll be pushing our driftboats down steep ramps, rigging up hot shots, corkies with eggs and pink jigs or worms. Rods will double over nearly smashing into the gunnels.. The tap tap tap tap withh suddenly stop and feel mushy.. and the float will dissapear over water you know is too deep to be bottom. Smoked salmon will be replaced by steaks of fresh bright red meat with lemmon and butter..MMMMMMM...
The rivers will have water and the now brown rocks will be washed to a clean gray and the water will run brown then turn a deep blue green. The seemingly steril waters will give up vicious chrome monsters fresh from the sea..

Are you ready? it's coming....

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
More than ready Rob! :smile: Are you thinking about pushing the envelope just a bit? Thinking that perhaps you'll find that lone pilot fish?? I know that there are chinook to catch, but a fresh winter run steelhead. Oh the joy!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Rob, i am ready. I have spent to many hours over the last 27 years on the rivers around here and have never landed a winter steelhead.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
You had to go and do that....man I could see the poundown on the taddies in my mind while reading that. Salmon? Whats that? I CANT WAIT!

:dance:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
WHOOOO HOOOOO!! :dance: Winter steel...I can hardly wait! :cheers:

-jokester

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
nothing better then a fresh steelhead slamming your drift gear then jumping out of the water.....woo hooo!!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
double post arg!!

[ 11-05-2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: husker ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts