IFish.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can`t believe it but I now own 6 deer tags for this years hunting season and if I harvest one in Montana ,I could actually get a 7th ,now before you get al uppity ,I have the time to go hunt for these dinner guests :D:D:D,I will do the best to harvest as many as I can ,to feed me and my kid`s ,I wish to not buy any Beef this year or the rest of the year ,and to spice it upI have 1 Elk tag 1 Speed Goat tag and ,I can purchase a pig ag for California ......... Am`I out of control ,I think not just very ,very fortunate :yay::yay:I can hunt alot

·
Banned
2,102 Posts
Well good luck. I'd rather have one good tag, hunt and harvest a mature buck or bull, give the meat to someone who needs it more than I and then butcher and eat the beef my Dad raises.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Short answer, (EXPLETIVE) NO. You are living the dream!

(Although I'd have to say that you might be alittle light on the elk tags but that's just me.) There is no thing as too much hunting in my book. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
How can you get that much time off and afford those tags with a family..:eek:oo::D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
How could you not hunt those that often and NOT give us the deets on cal.; bullet; performance; scope power when shot taken, ect....

We're on the edge of our seats. Well maybe, Good Luck!

Oh and PICS!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
TOAS243...more power to you. You are in a position to enjoy what you love to do...and feed your family. It really shouldn't matter to any of us how you can do what you do. You must have a good wife...I know I have one. Last year between my wife and I we put 4 deer and 2 elk in the freezer. We needed every bit of it. With four growing kids, there is no such thing as 1 lb of burger anymore.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
TOAS243...more power to you. You are in a position to enjoy what you love to do...and feed your family. It really shouldn't matter to any of us how you can do what you do. You must have a good wife...I know I have one. Last year between my wife and I we put 4 deer and 2 elk in the freezer. We needed every bit of it. With four growing kids, there is no such thing as 1 lb of burger anymore.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Hey I was only teasing not trying to make a big deal :jester:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
C0ngrads.Live the dream.You lucky dog.But YOU desearve it.!!!!!!!!!:applause:
Safe passage to and from.

venison is way better for you than beef .But I am sure you know that.Will also help keep the hunting tradition alive.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I saw you mentioned to feed you and your kids. The missing part is the wife. Now I see why you can hunt that long. My wife hates it when I leave for Eastern deer for one week. She is stuck with the kids. Tried taking her with me but then she was mad cause I didn't spend time with her. Honey, That is why they call it hunting and not camping. Can't fill the tag sitting in camp. Have to hunt all day.

You are one lucky dog to get 6 tags to fill. I would love to travel around and hunt all over. I should of done that when I was single. Now I remember, I didn't have any money then. There is always something messing up the plan.

Good luck to you in filling the tags. :clap:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That is awesome Toas.

I have the opportunity to harvest 8 deer and 1 elk this year. That is right, 8 deer. Here is how: I have my Oregon bow deer/elk tags, and I am going to OHIO for one week in October. I can harvest 2 deer a day up to a total of 7 deer. 3 of those can be bucks and 4 have to antlerless animals.

The Menonite kid that I will be hunting with asked me to harvest as many does as I can for management purposes and he will cut and wrap the meat and then give it to hunters for the hungry. I will be hunting adjacent to a large farm.

·
Registered
23,878 Posts
the simple answer is yes, you can have too many deer tags. (in the western states) two is about perfect, one early, one late with elk season sandwiched inbetween. a full 6 weeks before birds get going good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts