IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey drifter. Head up hwy 126 from springfield about30 miles or so to the very small town of mckinzie bridge.Turn right on horse creek road, about 2 miles past the txaco station. After a couple miles there is a ton of places to camp along horse creek. If you have a 4x4 you have acsess to beautiful places to camp right along horse creek. Ive fished the creek with great success. Check the regs though. Stop at the texaco on your way up, they will give you the scoop.
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GEAR UNATTENDED WHEN YOU CAMP. There are alot of hippies in the area that are looking for an opportunity, they hang out at the terwiliger hot springs. If something turns up missing, go there... youll find it.
Also there is a ranger station on the hwy to get more info on spots.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wouldn't do it on the north, to my knowledge it is closed year round for trout fishing now. Not for lack of fish probably has to do with trout and salmon smolts. Just my .02

Later Geoff

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was looking for a some-what private spot to camp on the McKenzie or the N. Santiam to do a little trout fishing with a few friends. Anyone know of a spot off the beaten path, I'm not really interested in camping at a public campground. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts