IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not usally one who likes to brag and I tend to view catching fish like scoring a touchdown. Put the ball down and act like you have been there before but today was kind of special for me so I need to jump and shout!

Over the last three months I have been busier then any other time in my life and my boat has not seen alot of time on the water. I've been restoring a an old house we bought as an investment property, watching my daughter swim in swim meets on the weekends and coaching a 7th and 8th grade football team besides trying to hold down a 60 hour a week job.

My therapist / wife told me I had that look in my eye and insisted that I take a day and head to Tillamook just like I have so many times over the last 25 years. It's amazing what a little cow poo poo and sea weed can do for a guy.

I made a call to a guy that I do business with on a daily basis and that I had never fished with before. He being fairly new to the area, he jumped at the chance to head down to an area he had only heard about. Evidently Tillamook Bay is legendary in the Seattle area.

We hit the road at 5:30 headed west. Made a quick stop at Maries to get bait and proceeded to Garabaldi. We were on the bay by 7:45 and had to make a decision. Head toward big blue or fish the Ghost Hole. I took the cautionary route and decided the Ghost Hole was the place to start. As soon as we hit the trolling area we saw a net or two flying and figured it was a good sign. We stayed in the area and fished the incoming for a couple of hours. Ran into a couple of friends I hadn't seen in some time, no wind, the sun was out and it was turning into a really nice day for late October.

Around 10:30 all the coaxing from my therapist payed off. Tug, tug, tug....hook set. A real nice chrome hen in the box. Got the boat situated, fresh bait, back in line, drop to the bottom, tug,tug,tug, hook set!! Not more than 30 seconds back in the water a nice chrome buck goes in the box. This therapy works wonders!

All in all one of the most beautifull days I've seen in Tillamook county, good company and a therapist / wife that hit the nail on the head. I'm recharged and feel good!!!

As for the bay report I'm guessing we saw 35 to 40 fish landed today. Saw two boats get doubles. It was a pretty good day in the ghost hole.

Mark, thanks for your company and helping out netting fish, running the boat, and all the little things having an extra set of hands on board does. Your welcome back again any time.

Here's the picture from my therapy session.

[ 10-26-2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
441 Posts
I applaud your fish wacking abilities the Raiders sweatshirt caps the picture!!!! :bowdown: :cheers:

!!!!!RAIDER NATION!!!!!

·
Registered
19,909 Posts
Pearl,you the man.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good Looking fish.... too bad your wearing a Raiders sweatshirt. :grin:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Just got back from Tilly myself. We got 4 up above Memaloose(16,18,20,and 32lbs.) and should of had double that...dang kwikfish drive byes

Great weather most of the week except for Wednesdays rain.To bad I didnt see ya out there...would have shared my Bud Light with ya :wink:

Jfool :cool:

[ 10-25-2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Jett'in Fool ]

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fool,

Glad to see you guys got into a few. Last football game was tonight so I'll be making a few more trips to to the "Bay of Pigs" in the very near future. Say hi if you see us.

As for sharing your Bud Light, I saw that muddy river that runs by the brewery in St Louis once. Think I'll stay with my Silver Bullets. :grin:

Pearl :cheers:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Great story and report Pearl. Emmerson...emmerson nice ones! Another ifisher from just down the street in Multnomah :cheers:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
gotta to love them chromers!! :cheers:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,258 Posts
Proper place...
Proper bait...
Proper chrome...
All because you had on the proper shirt.... :grin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts