IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any luck trolling the mouth of the camas slough on the columbia river this weekend????? i'm gonna head out tomorrow morning and give it a try, and wanted to see how it has been. what were you using and what was the depth??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey Blue I went out on sunday and trolled for 2 hours and had one quick hit that dident stick (solid flame orange plug with rattle). I dident see a net go up in the 2 hours i was fishing. Oh ya I was on th outside of the slough from the mouth down to the satelite house 10-19ft of water. I did talk to another fisherman at the ramp at 12:30 and he only saw 1 fish taken. Let me know how you do on wed.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info StinkyFish. i am going out tomorrow, so i will let you know how i do on wed morning. take care and once more, thank you.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will for sure. the people i'm going with have never fished for the coho at the mouth before and they are really excited to give it a try. :smile: i hope we can get into some tomorrow. i will let you know on this post on wed morning. see ya guys. tight lines, BTS

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
We were dragging Wiggle Warts in various colors from the mouth to the bridge in the slough. Lost our best plug on the bottom. :depressed:
NS

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sunday 1 takedown, 1 native released. Monday 6 takedowns, 4 hooked, 2 in the box. Tuesday 2 takedowns, 1 and a jack in the box. For the number of boats in the area, saw very little action all three days, not at all like past years. At least the weather was good. A couple of friendly fishermen at the dock said they thought the water was too warm (so far) this year, which is hurting the bite. Any opinions on water temp and the coho action in the Lady Island area this year?

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Got out about 2pm,saw 2 landed,maybe 25 boats at the peak. Nothing rolling,water seems warm. Was that you Mrdorkfish?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Was there from about 3pm today 'till 7:00pm. Did not see any caught. Didn't see any fish rolling until I got inside the slough. Then they were everywhere! Makes it easier to keep fishing when you know they're right beneath your nose, but frustrating when they don't like your offer:(

Waved to another Ifisher in a North River- who was that? I was in the little Smokercraft.

Hope somebody caught something.........

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Freespool, I was around...No clothes on... :grin: Alot of people look at me out there....please identify yourself...boat...location?? Don't be afraid to say hi..I won't bite :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Mrdorkfish,I recognized your boat from your posts,you were quite a ways away heading up river toward the mouth. I was in a forward helm black Predator with a 225 Yami,you passed me on the outside. To far to yell,anyway I'll be seein ya soon.

Freespool

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
didn't go out to the mouth of camas slough.was taking some business clients out and ended up fishin below bonneville for sturg and got one keeper. 44" can't complain.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Three of us fished from 9:30 to 3:00 with only 1 hit. A 15 Lb buck. We fished all the way to the mill and the south side of Lady Island without seeing any other fish caught.I caught this one 1/4 mi down stream from the slough. I was using a mag wart - silver scale sides with orange bottom. I removed the front hook extended the rear hook with a swivel. I know most guys do the reverse, but this set up caught fish here last year.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Hiball, Just removing the front hook did yourself a great favor and headache...That's the one that usually get's stuck..tangled in the net..cuz those silver bullets like to thrash around...Way to go :cheers: I saw another two caught out there myself toward the main channel..don't forget to move around...I was not lucky today...I stunk today :blush:

MrDorkfish

Louis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts