IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! A keeper!

27 lbs and lots of fun. In the fleet at the bend in the river upriver from Camas marina. I got up there around 8AM. Don't know how it was early but saw about 10 caught? Maybe someone in the heart of the fleet, I was below them a bit, can give more details. That's the way it seems to have been since Sunday. Not hot but a good chance of catching a fish.

Pic isn't so good. Gotta work on the remote pix control, get a clamp on "tripod" so I can take pix on the boat.

14 ft of water
Brass/red bead spinner/gold hooks
4 ft leader
3 ft lead

Got it around 2PM which would be tide half way out.

I also had two natives, a feisty 8 lb native Steelhead (about 11AM) and a 10 lb native Chinook (about 2:30PM).

Ratio makes it 6 natives to 1 keeper since Sunday.

[ 07-03-2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice fish :bowdown: If the ocean does not lay down will be on the CR somewhere this weekend.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sweet fish !!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Looks like the charts,color graphs and trips with Jack are paying off big time. :laugh: :laugh: :wink:

Great report! :dance:

Keep whacking 'em,

Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FWF1,

Getting scary...the other day Jack pulls up and anchors next to me looking for fish.

Actually what worked was fishing up at Bonneville with Julie Cates and seeing the guy next to us nail 12 fish on brass and red beads.

We all got religion (and four fish). After that I've been a 15 feet, brass/red bead kinda guy.

Brion

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congratulations on the beautiful fish. Sounds like you had a good day on the big river. And thanks for including such details in your report as the depth you were fishing, the tide state, and the time you caught each fish. Nice fish. Good report. Well done.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Elwix,

One more piece of info.

I just got back from Fisherman's and the lure (for those who don't make their own) that has been hitting them for me is the Lurh Jensen Clearwater Flash No.7 with the CV Blade

I think a No. 6 might work even better...but they don't have any.

Brion

·
Registered
366 Posts
Brion,

Thanks for the report and ..... Niiiiiice Feeeeesh . :cheers:

PS. I utilized Bob Grahams services due to one of your posts and I am pleased. :dance:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Sweet fish Brion :cheers: I'm out of red beads and brass blades :shocked: More spinners...got to make more spinners !! :grin:

I'm gonna try the all red blade next...

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Wow, what a beauty,

Thanks for the details too.

Are you trying different scents on them brass&red's. IF so, are you noticing any working better than others?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Brion,

I was just going to say Saaaaweeeeeeet Fish and thank you for the detailed report, but it looks like everyone else has already done that so I guess I don't have to. :cheers:

Oh,I guess I did

By the way, did I say we all appreciate the detailed report, thanks again.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Garyk,

On the scents, I was using Mike's Glo Scent Herring but I'm told my spy abilities are deteriorating and it should be Mike's Glo Scent with no label.

Noting today for me...looked slow...saw one other fish caught.

Going to fish tonight until the fire works.

Brion

[ 07-04-2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Brion, Good luuck tonight fishing, watch out for the people who had too much to drink :hoboy:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cotr,

You fish Brion?? :wink:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">And read my newspaper, read all my fishing mags, clean the boat (couple guys were laughing at me for scrubbing the hull with a long handled brush)...now you should be really be worried because I'm trying to figure out how to use my cell phone with my laptop which means I'll be fishing and Ifishing at the same time...be afraid...be very afraid.

Brion

1 - 20 of 28 Posts