IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For being the 'opener' it wasn't too bad. Actually fished for about 2.5 hours. Tried one spot that had produced before for awhile with no luck. Moved to another spot and not 2 minutes later, shad on! :dance:

It certainly wasn't red hot, but it was fun. My 6 year old ended up landing 3 and lost 3 others.
It was about a fish every 10 minutes or so. The bite died around 130.

If you know where to fish, you should be able to find some and it will only get better. A hint on trying new spots, the current generally runs faster on the OUTSIDE of the turns in the river. Look for water in the 20-21' line and set up. Try a 3-4' dropper and a 4' leader. My preference is for the smallest Dick Nite in Chartruese with a white back. When the fish get thick you should be able to pick them up just about anywhere the current is running.

Anybody else do any good upriver of I-5 today?

[ 05-16-2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Lured In ]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Lured In, thanks for the the report. Was just talking about heading out to do some in next day or so starting to see a few boats in the area.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I had a buddy fish the shad rack today and other surrounding areas near the fishery. 1 shad total for about 4 hours fishing. He didn't see any others caught :sleep:

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
For all of us stranded on the bank, can anyone share some bank spots on the washington side ?
:shrug:
I appreciate all the help I can get. :bowdown: :bowdown: :dance:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
for abnk fishing shad there are few spots where we can actually get to them... fishing up at bonneville is always an option and there are bunches of places. just drive along the day use area parking lot and look for the folks yarding in shad.

anothe place that can be good at times is the dock at Steam boat landing in Camas. just fish from the dock and put 4 oz on and a double setup with your fave lures.

hope that helps some...

G

·
Cloudy (and most) days "shad killer." Flo-red jig head. 1 and 2 inch clear chartreuse twister tail/grub, covered in anchovy scent. Small as you can go the better. Slide one ruby red very small bead down on your leader on top of the jig head.

Rick

[ 05-17-2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
:dance: cool thanx for the info :bowdown:
Ken thanx for the invite. :bowdown: :bowdown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts