IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ****** I know you posted a diagram rigging for a prawn spinner but I cant find it in the archives... I think you edited it out you sly dog

Is there any chance you can post that up again? I was trying to find it to post up for people asking questions but I cant find it!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Here is my version: I start with a double hook set-up, of 1/0 & 4/0, in a solid tie, and 2 1/2" hook spacing from eye to eye. Then I slide down the leader in the following order, 1 6mm green bead, then a 2" piece of spinner wire w/ loop bent slightly to straighten the prawn. Then 2 8mm green beads, then 2 8mm flourescent red beads, then 1 6mm Flour. red bead. On top of all that I slide down the plastic clevis, that you can change blades with. I like a #4 Colorado Rainbow tip blade. That's all there is to it. I will try to post a photo later. :grin:

[ 04-14-2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Drachir ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Drachir :cool: but ****** had an awesome diagram he posted at one time and I cant find it in the archives.

****** where are you

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I can't get a good tight hook on my slider. Anyone know of some good webbased instructions on how to tie these? I missed a fish on Monday to a slide that slid. :mad:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
need carrot milk for that info :grin: :grin: :grin:
i use 20ib dackron (sp) for my first hook leave the tags long afer you get your roll tighten it down and clip the ends

norm

[ 04-15-2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: norms gone fishing too ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.
Very good info here for people that were asking. ****** are you going to post up that great detailed info you did a while back???

G

·
Charlie, from "down on the Bayou...." First Salmon ever today. Everyone remembers their first, especially when the fin is gone and you take it home. :wink:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Thanks ******, that is what I switched too. Keep fishing, the sores will go away........ :wink: :tongue:

·
Registered
765 Posts
zaq
i use mono to tie my slider hooks and they DONT MOVE. i used to use FLy line backing but it would loosen up after it got wet. Mono on Mono seems to hold REALLY tight.

ORS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts