IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chummer and I fished with New member NewFish.
NewFish and other person's that look but don't write to say hi and get into the fun of the ifish clan. (that means you Ripley). Newfish and Ripley both are Team SilverBullets member but find it hard to write in. Soooo, I'm calling you both out. Put up or Shut Up Time Boy's :shocked: . Pull out the old memory files of a story like fishing with Chummer and I etc. Come on in the Water is FINE....
And that means anyone else that fits their description. Fishin is fun and so is ifish enjoy.
Fire in Hole :cheers:

[ 09-07-2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: FIRE IN THE HOLE ]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt last time you sallies. I'll quit bugging you if you just step up....

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Howdy Mr Fire in the Hole. I'm new to Ifish. Heck, I'm new to fishing. I trout fished a lot as a kid, but hadn't had a line wet for over 15 years until my girlfriend's son talked me into going about a year and a half ago. Now I'm "hooked" (bad pun, huh?).

I bought a boat last year, and we caught a few salmon and about a million sturgeon. When I realized that Lance's school and sports schedule would get in the way of springer fishing last march, I also bought a little 12' boat to troll with (easier to handle by myself).

I trolled... and I trolled... and I trolled. I probably had 40 hrs into trolling the Multnomah Channel (near Coon Island), and I finally caught my first (and only) nook of the season. I fought it for nearly a half hour. It kept diving whenever it saw daylight, and after the first 10 or 15 runs straight down didn't work, it decided to tow me downstream instead. Once the fish finally got tired (or bored?), I entertained all of the other fisherman in the area by trying to balance in my little boat while netting the giant fish.

I finally got it in the boat after about ten tries with the net, and I realized that this big stud of a fish had one too many fins! Have you ever seen a 250lb guy cry? I nearly did when I released it! Also, I forgot my camera, so the only proof I had to support my big fish story was one badly bent treble hook.

Anyway, my girlfriend doesn't understand my obsession with fishing. She keeps pointing out that the freezer is still "half empty" (any psychologists out there?), so I don't get a lot of time to fish any more. However, I do plan to be happily anchored at the green bouy between the mouth of the Lewis and Lake River most of next weekend. If you see a White / Blue 19' Bayliner Classic with two or three fat guys in it, throw us a wave.

See you out there.

Scott

·
Registered
588 Posts
Scott, awesome story... I love to read others exploits of fishing I wish others would take the time to post including me(besides team carrott those guys rule but do they work :whazzup: ) or at least tell a tale from time to time...

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Great story Beefcake. :smile: BTW love that name!!!! Don't you just hate it when there is that extra fin!!! :mad: Keep on trying, if you don't, you'll never get anything!!!! And yes, I understand your fishing obsession, cause I have it too!! Fortunately my hubby likes to fish too
!! Welcome to Ifish!!!!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts