IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
119,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 14th, Official Volunteer, Fish and Trash Day!

We all know the carrot team can catch fish.

In the spirit of Volunteer day, June 14th, I am challenging the carrot team to come to the front of the class.

Where are you going on the weekend of the 14th, guys?

Wherever you are fishing, I challenge you to show pics of not only several feesh, but several bags of trash, or your involvement, in some way that shows that you are giving back to the resource!

Yikes, this is scary!
Everyone can pitch in on this day! Even the carrots!

To all: Wherever you are fishing on the 14th, let's all post pictures afterwards of fishing, and helping!
Get your kids involved! Take them fishing, and take them helping!

I'm going to start a thread after the weekend where we can all post pictures of "Fish and Trash."

I encourage all guides to participate with their clients, all families, all solo fishers, and.... especially, the CARROT CREW! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Jen

[ 06-07-2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Hey I'm always picking up trash... :shocked: wait that did not sound too good! :grin: I have a buddy coming in from AZ on Thursday to get in on some of this stugeon action so we will be fishing for a couple of days. I'll make him pick up garbage too.

A side not to Jen's post. I see a few people when I am out fishing just throwing garbage in the water :shrug: I even said something to a guy once and he said he has been doing it for 35 years and it never hurt nothin
Put some garbage bags in your boat and put the trash were it belongs
Dont be boneheads!

You know Jen when I saw this thread I thought you wanted to finally go out fishing with some guys that could put you on some fish :tongue:

:cheers:

[ 06-07-2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Administrator
119,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll go with you, anytime!

Help me to understand something.

With the hot weather, the Kilchis Park has been very busy with families and kids swimming, etc.

Now, all along the beautiful road to the Kilchis park are Mcdonalds bags, pop and beer cans, just carelessly tossed out the windows.

I just don't get it!

How do people get raised that affords them to do this without a conscience?

How can we raise our kids to not do this?

I just don't understand the mentality. Is it lack of respect? Lack of appreciation for beauty?
What causes vandalism, and is it the same thing that causes people to litter?

Jen

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:hoboy: :hoboy:

My kids threw some garbage out the window once... just once :shocked:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Jennie,

Maybe we should post our best "Picking up trash stories".

Mine was a few weeks ago trolling around the Willamette right near the to of the Multnomah Channel.

Lazy day, trolling in a small fleet, fair amount of trash in the water so I'd troll near the trash and snag it. As good a trolling method as any that day.

One piece is kinda of bouncing along the side of the boat, I make a grab and it gets past me, I lean over to get it and PLOP...hmmm...what was that? Yikes! It was my Palm/Phone gizmo...sheesh...batteries etc. that's probably more polluting than the trash and not cheap...good thing I had the phone insurance but that's still $50.

Now if only that was a tax-deductible contribution.

Brion

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I am going to some party with a bunch of strippers on that day, I am sure I can pick up some trash there. :wink:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I'll be camping on a mountain lake that weekend. I'll do my part, I'll spread the word.

ZaQ, Niiiiiiiice :wink:

Bobby

1 - 14 of 14 Posts