IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Just got back from cabo San Lucas you can get boats there anywhere from 600 to $1600 A-day and up $1600 boat will get you a 36' cabo express $600 more than the 25' range You need to add a tip for the crew to they fish for Marlin and Dorado with some bottom fishing if you go North up by San Jose del cabo you can get panga boats for much cheaper But may not get into Marlin

· Registered
413 Posts

· Registered
1,284 Posts
If you're staying in Cabo San Lucas(Cabo) it is silly to take a cab 45 minutes to San Jose del Cabo. Or vice versa.
Plenty of great panga guys for $250, 6 hour trips.
Check out El Diablo Loco. Great $450 trip check out Jessica sport fishing.
Whatever you pay, add 25$ for daily fish license, $30-40 live bait, then 15-20% tip. A $250 panga costs me $350 a day.
Live bait is key. Captain will advise how much you should need. 10-12 baits normal. $3 each.
One of my favorite trips was on a panga and left at 10am. Walking the docks, and my normal guy was booked. You'll get asked all the time " you want to go fishing?" I said sure to one guy sitting on his boat. I said let me see gear, life jackets and a working vhf radio. Gear was mediocre at best, but I haggled him down to $125 for a 5 hour trip. Bought 10 live baits. Caught 5 rooster fish and 3 dorado. Gave him a $100 tip.

· Registered
80 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts