IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was driving down I-5 and saw a sign in Chehalis that said Cabelas coming soon and they were actually working on it, I heard a rumor about Portland,think they must have changed the location, last time I thought they were just toying with my emotions, but now I believe its true. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it. Chehalis is about 30 minutes north of Longview. Im only 30 minutes away, whoohoo, but my wife is'nt as happy as I am,lol.

·
Registered
501 Posts
How soon before they open? :grin:

love2fish

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know when they are going to open, but I know those stores are really extensive, I dont think its going to be soon, I think Ill call. :dance:

·
Registered
908 Posts
So far to the best of my knowledge Cabelas will not confirm that they are moving here, to my home town...Chehalis...think you guys are drooling! Anyway, I have talked with them twice and they say until everything is "closed on the deal" they will not publically confirm. Seems like the sign is a little public and I pointed that out to no avail.

Sure hope they are coming!!

Jim

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I heard this rumour a while back and now it looks like it might be moving forward. :dance: :dance: It'd be nice to see a larger outdoor store without having to pay shipping to get some things. One drawback, if you order from Cabelas they will charge you the state sales tax plus shipping on your order.
We can have our cake, but we might not be able to eat it. :cheers:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I told everyone awhile ago when Portland was mentioned that Cabela's had said Chehalis area, but no one believed me. LOL

But seriously, I couldn't see Cabela's in Portland. It's too crowded. Chehalis is a bit remote, but right off I-5 to boot. I've been to a few of the Cabela's, and all are off the main road and away from big cities. Plus, Chehalis is pretty good for neutrality between the BC guys and the N. CA guys. Most of the outdoors markets in the PNW. I had heard about 2 years ago that they were thinking of SW WA. But, they normally always build superstores. They may make an outpost, but that would be disappointing. WE NEED A FULL FLEDGED CABELA'S!!!!! Unless an outpost has a bargain cave, then I'm set.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My father drives Logging truck in the area (30 years) and he mentioned that he saw the sign also!

The rumor is that it was an April Fools Joke! There is a "Sign Maker/Painter" in the area that pulled the same joke a couple years ago with a "******* COMING SOON!!" The individual never admitted it.

Would be nice to have on that close though!

Anybody else hear this?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
A buddy of mine told me this about 6 months ago. He has a friend on the inside or something. Anyways I didn't believe him, but now I might have to.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Oh please, oh please....be true this time! :bowdown: :dance:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I know a guy who has a friend who's mother's cousin's sister's bookie said that his girfriends dad told this transient who had lunch with Hillary
Clinton and she told him it IS True. he, he!
Sounds like those urban legend emails we all get all the time. I'll have a confirm tomorrow from a reliable source. Hope it's true. I lOVE cabela's.
OOHH UHH UHH

[ 04-23-2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I know a guy who has a friend who's mother's cousin's sister's bookie said that his girfriends dad told this transient who had lunch with Hillary
Clinton and she told him it IS True
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">So you know Fred to. :tongue:

·
Registered
219 Posts
The sign was a joke There is no truth to cabelas in chehalis I live there the site were the sign was posted was cleared for brawn northwest they are the largest aid car and ambulance builder in the western united states.. The sign was a verrrry sick april fools joke.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I'd rather they didn't put a store in Chehalis. As soon as they do, any of us in Washington will have to start paying sales tax on Cabela's orders from the catelog or the website. That will hurt.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I love Cabelas. I have only ordered a few things from them, and they did NOT charge me sales tax. The shipping kind of stinks, because it makes me put together a large order to make it worthwhile. The best thing about Cabelas is that I can take the catalog to my local boat supply store, show them the price, and they will match it (including the no sales tax part).

I also get Bass Pro Shops catalogs. A buddy of mine drove across the country and stopped in at one of those stores. Unfortunately, his wife would only let him stay for 4 hours. They should build a hotel near those stores to make it a multi day trip.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but if they do put a store in, it'll probably be in that vicinity. Most of my relatives knew the Cabela family back in Nebraska. I do believe my uncle new I think Jim, not sure which. He's not an outdoorsman, so he doesn't really care. LOL. But, I always stop in when I go back to the family reunions. I thought it was odd when someone said it was an "Outpost" store. Most of the stores they make are super stores. But, they like REMOTE areas. Chehalis would be about right, maybe even Woodland.

I've also heard about the senate trying to add a sales tax on internet purchases. If that happens, won't matter WHO you buy from, you'll get taxed. Not sure how well that will go over.

G

·
Originally posted by Wernergonefishin:
The sign was a joke There is no truth to cabelas in chehalis I live there the site were the sign was posted was cleared for brawn northwest they are the largest aid car and ambulance builder in the western united states.. The sign was a verrrry sick april fools joke.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Man that's just cruel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts