IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 3/20/04 0600 my buddy and I rolled out. We're from American Falls but were heading to C.J. Strike to link up with Mojo and company to and try to do some damage. I've dinked around Strike a few times with no luck, but I hadn't hit it from a boat before. There aren't many people better suited to show a rookie the ropes than Mojo. Mojo and company introduced us to some of their deep water acquaintences (the 7 foot kind), pointed out the cat boxes, hooked us up with some smallies, called in some 75'/0mph wind conditions, and just took great care of us. Mojo went out of his way to humor a couple of fisherman for thirteen hours straight. If IFish has an e-medal, let's give him (and his kiddo) one! :dance: <---That's what I looked like after sun and fishing!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Good story. Kudos to Mojo.

Someday, I would like to hook with him so I could take advantage of Mojo's mojo! (sorry could'nt resist). :smile:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
It was truly my pleasure. What a beautiful day. Water like glass, no wind, 75 degrees. Pale Rider (Jason) and Matt were early (that’s a concept I can’t fathom) at the launch. Usually my non-ifish friends are late. They had the right gear (another foreign concept), and brought bait and food (WOW 3 for 3)! Jason wanted catfish, so we went to the sucker hole to catch bait. First fish, a 18” catfish! Not bait, but, a nice way to start. My buddy Dave (Out Back on ifish) showed up to help in entertaining the troops. He managed to bag a couple of nice cats during the day. Matt, as hard as he tried to catch a Kittie, just kept catching Bass. Poor fella :grin:. We managed to hook up with a 6-7 foot sturgeon that Jason and Matt played tug of war with for about 20 minutes. Hopefully Dave’s pics turn out. I’ll post them once he sends them to me. A bit later in the day Dave hooks his first (on his own gear, he’s caught quite a few on other peoples stuff) sturgeon, turns out to be a 7 footer that jumped about 2-3 times. I did a nice gravity and death defying cliff jump to get in Dave’s boat so I could drive while he fought the fish. Not too much later I managed to reel in a little 4-5 foot Sturgeon, to make it 3 for our group.

Everyone caught something, and I got to show some great guys around my home water. I’m sorry the kitties didn’t cooperate better. As fishing picks up, I’ll yell. You guys are welcome in my sled anytime. Kate had a blast too. Took her about 10 minutes to fall asleep when we got home, and I couldn’t wake her up when her Mom called to say hi. She was tuckered out.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Bucketmouth,
If you ever get over this way, yell. I'd be glad to show you around.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I actually fished CJ Strike Sunday. I hiked in to the cove arm and fished off the bank. You have to love a place that you can catch 5 different species of fish out of the same hole. The bell rings and you have no idea what it will be.

Mojo, if you're going to throw out the invitations, I might have to grab one. I live in Kuna and would love to learn more about fishing Strike. I'm really starting to like that reservoir and think I might start spending a lot more time there.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Super T,
You ought to look up Out Back. He lives in Kuna too, and fishes with me at Strike a lot. If I have an open seat, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sounds great. I'll be looking forward to it. I'll try to look up Out Back too.

Do either of you ever head down to Swan Falls? That's another stretch I need to learn being a bankie 95% of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts