IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone have a suggstion as to where to buy Bunk style load guides for my EZ Loader trailer? Talked to 2 places in town and they are both asking about $140+ for 2 4 footers.

Seems like a lot to me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ek

·
Registered
52 Posts
try EZ Loader's web site; google will find it for you. their home office/facility is in spokane. they have been very helpful to me.

·
Registered
19,631 Posts
I replaced mine with that plastic fake wood stuff,trex I think they call it. Got it from Parr Lumber in Aloha, $2 bucks a foot. Looks very cool and matchs the gray trailer real nice. I plan on replacing the 2/6 bunks next. Oh ya the stuff will not rot or mar the paint on the boat.

salmon hugger

·
Registered
275 Posts
Might try Potter Webster, I have bought EZloader items through them at reasonable prices. They get the parts from EZloader.

·
Registered
52 Posts
FREESPOOL: be cautious about using the product called "trex" for your bunks. "trex" does not have the structural strength of wood; in deck building, the "trex" recommendation is to support the "trex" every 16 inches. trailer bunks may have support in only two places, and the "trex" could break the first time you load your boat. (the stress on side loading guides is nowhere near that placed on the bunks.)

·
Registered
19,631 Posts
There are two types of trexs,one is as you said not very strong. I got the solid type,which seems adequate. A friend of mine builds boat trailers in Gold Beach,that's where I got the idea.

salmon hugger

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
El-Kabong...If your guide-ons are like the ones I have on my EZ Loader it looks like it would be a breeze to build/rebuild your own. As long as the metal upright pieces are in good shape. Just use 2x4s cut to size and drilled for mounting, some indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot and some horseshoe nails to secure the carpet.

I did this for the bottom bunks when I had my 13' smoker and I really think that it lasts longer than the factory job, minus the extra $$$.

Maybe you can even find someone with an air stapler(like me) that would staple the carpeting for you.

Smj

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
May I suggest using treated wood with polyethylene plate bolted on for bunks. Maybe 3/8"-1/2" thick for bunks. Be sure to tie your boat on good, it is real slick. You can get it from plastic outfits in Portland or Washugoul. PM me if you want some references. For short term loading, like guides, plastic works if properly supported, for long term loads, it will creep.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the great replies!!!

I went ahead an ordered a set locally. the price seemed kinda high (140) but that seemed to be what I would end up paying from any source (after shipping and other mounting hardware).

EK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts